Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Someone please tell me this isn't correct? My stock tires two and a half years old with 24,500 miles on them, rotated on schedule are worn out already? I have a slow leak so went to a tire place to get it patched and they tell me I need tires that I'm "legally bald" and they can't patch it? I of course didn't believe him thinking this guy is trying to sell me $400 worth of new tires so I did the penny test. Abe says it's time for new tires as well? This can't be right can it? Buy a new car and need new tires while still under bumper to bumper warranty!? I know tires are wear and tear and this is any entry level car but they must have put the cheapest things they could get on our Versas or I've a bad set of tires?

·
Premium Member
4,523 Posts
Not sure but it could be true. When I got my SLs I handed the tires that came with my car to my brother for his wife's Corolla and after driving the Corolla for a year and a half they notices the tires were getting low...very low.

·
Registered
330 Posts
The Contis were okay tires but get different tires and experience a better ride. My Contis wore slowly but the road noise off them were driving me nuts. Now I have a pair of Altimax and a pair of Good Years that are really quiet.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
After a trip to three different tire shops and the dealer they all confirm the same thing:

3 tires are bald the other isn't far behind
Tires are rated at 60,000 miles or 6 years and failed at 2.5 years or 24,500 miles
Not one of those shops want to touch anything that's Continental!
The tires on our Versa's have been discontinued!!

All I can do now is call Continental and complain and demand replacement/refund. Actually due to how bad these are not to mention they are now illegal I'm going to have to have them replaced today or tomorrow.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Continental are only open Monday - Friday during office hours! I'm less than impressed. I have to get this junk off my car before there's an accident due to these tires. I did however read through Continental's "warranty" if you could call it that. They give us one year free replacement after that it seems we're on our own? So the other 5 years are just marketing spin or lies it would appear. I will call them Monday to complain and demand part refund for replacement of defective/unsafe product. I'm very disappointed in Continental and Nissan for strapping this junk to what has been so far a good car.

·
Registered
6,563 Posts
I too still have tons of tread left on my Contis. I probably put around 35-40K on them as I did a lot of longer trips in the summer months with them on. Now they are just sitting in the garage as I don't ever plan on using them again. I wasn't a huge fan of those tires at all. They were horrible in any type of wet road conditions.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Looks like I either got a bad set of tires or something is very badly off with this car. I'm having them replaced as I type this. I can't afford a blow out or an accident. Very disappointed I'll file a claim vs warranty & hope I get something to cover the $100s I'm out now. I knew these tires weren't the best but still. I could understand if I never took care of the vehicle or tires even so it'd still be a very premature death.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Mine only lasted like 30-35k they were terrible tires only time they were anywhere near good was on a dry road

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
They are terrible tires alright. Has anyone ever filed a claim to Continental before? The new ones do feel a lot different. Road noise is about the same but the car now corners properly.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Trust me, its not a bad thing. I got rid of my continentals before they wore out. They are quite possibly the worst tire ever made. In the states you should be able to get a decent set of tires for under $400, a friend of mine with a versa went over the border and got 4 pirellis installed for $350.

·
Registered
613 Posts
I too still have tons of tread left on my Contis. I probably put around 35-40K on them as I did a lot of longer trips in the summer months with them on. Now they are just sitting in the garage as I don't ever plan on using them again. I wasn't a huge fan of those tires at all. They were horrible in any type of wet road conditions.
same here, i have my continentals in my garage just eating up space ever since I got my first set of rims. I have them just incase anything was to happen to my tires on my spring/summer rims so I dont have to ride around on the spare tire in the trunk :p

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
All I have to say now is Continental are total and utter scumbags. I called them up and the first thing they tell me is they do not warranty tread wear on their products?!?! Their so called "warranty" is a joke! I've filed a complaint with the NHTSA and will pass the issue over to my lawyer for review. I'm sure not a lot will happen but I can't have these arseholes selling us products that claim a warranty of 6 years or 60,000 miles only for them to tell us to more or less go fuk ourselves when their products fail before they are half way through their rated life.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I called Nissan to ask about these dodgy tires they've strapped to our cars and to complain about their business partner giving the cold shoulder when it comes to warranty. Long story short Nissan at least had a lot more interest in listening to the issue and at the very least offered an apology. They did say they couldn't refund me for the replacement tires they did offer a service credit good for 6 months. I have to admit I didn't expect Nissan to do anything other than bounce me over to Continental again but I'm pleased they at least took some ownership of the issue and did something even if it wasn't a lot, it was a lot more than being told where to go more or less which is what I got from continental.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.