Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
690 Posts
Measure the OD of the pipe yourself and match it up. By butt joint do you mean a ball and socket type of joint?

·
Registered
226 Posts
pretty sure he's talking one of these

I use them on my swap car, they work awesome.

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
I was going to use one of those to reconnect my muffler. The flange rusted off on one side. Figured I can cut the flange off the muff side and try one of these to reconnect the pipes.

·
Registered
690 Posts
1.75 is right, that's what the first gens are too if i remember mine correctly. I'm at 2.5" straight pipe cat back now. Had a muffler on it but said fuck it.

·
Premium Member
4,523 Posts
Same here. I'm at 2.25" with a resonator. I had a muffler(2.25" inlet, 4" outlet) with straight pipe but got a ticket so replaced the muffler, added a resonator, and kept the pipping.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Ugh, fart cans make any car sound like garbage. IDK why people or any of the bolt on exhaust companies use cans, they worsen the sound of everything, and don't do anything for flow. Straight through resonator like a Cherrybomb or just a long chamber fine, but those cans are dumb.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.