Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
generally speaking, can you have the stock sub in the SL premium sound system and a after market sub with an amp (combine)?

are there any harm in that? would both system draw too much current? will i blow a fuse? please tell me what do you think (pros and cons)

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
generally speaking, can you have the stock sub in the SL premium sound system and a after market sub with an amp (combine)?)
if the after market Amp can push more power[watts/RMS] than what the stock subwoofer can handle, it can damage the stock sub when you turn it too high.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
if the after market Amp can push more power[watts/RMS] than what the stock subwoofer can handle, it can damage the stock sub when you turn it too high.
even if you run a sperate power line to the aftermarket amp to the aftermarket sub setup? no wire would be combine with the stock sub, the stock sub has its own wires. i will not coonect the stock sub to the aftermarket amp.

`````````````````````````````````````stock sub

12v```````````````aftermarket amp``````aftermarket sub (i guess that is how the setup would be like, seperate wires/ seperate setup)

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
even if you run a sperate power line to the aftermarket amp to the aftermarket sub setup?

Battery fuse cable wire to aftermarker Amp....................OK
Ground wire to aftermarket Amp...................................OK
RCA Cables from aftermarket Amp to stock headunit........OK
Aftermarker Amp starter cable to stock head unit............OK
Aftermarker Subwoofer cables to (-)and(+) afmrk Amp.....OK

I think this is the correct set up, if I'm wrong feel free to let me know :wink5:
you can also replace the stock unit with an aftermarket unit and it will have better highs and lows

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.