·
Registered
6,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Check this out.

High Speed Chase Ends with 4 Pit Maneuvers

KTLA News
8:55 PM PDT, September 15, 2009

NORTH HILLS -- A high speed police chase that began in the Rampart Division Tuesday ended with police taking four people into custody on the southbound San Diego (405) Freeway in North Hills.

The chase of a stolen blue Honda Fit began around 6:45 p.m. on the southbound Golden State (5) Freeway, according to Officer Rosario Herrera of the Los Angeles Police Department.

The car weaved in and out of lanes at speeds up to 80 mph in a pursuit that lasted about 75 minutes.

The chase was initiated by the Los Angeles Police Department, with the California Highway Patrol taking over when the car left the Los Angeles Basin, Herrera said.

All ground units held back and for a while the car was followed only by helicopter.

The car exited the northbound Golden State Freeway at Lake Hughes Road in Castaic, then re-entered on the southbound side.

A spike strip was deployed, puncturing at least two tires, but the driver pressed on.

Finally, after four pit maneuvers that sent sparks spewing from the car, the driver surrendered to authorities on 405 Freeway, near Devonshire Street in North Hills.

Four people were taken into custody around 8 p.m. without incident, said California Highway Patrol Officer Anthony Martin.
Copyright © 2009, KTLA-TV, Los Angeles

Poor owner of the FIT, not its wrecked! Doesn't the car look so tiny driving!?
Here is the video of it.

http://www.ktla.com/videobeta/watch...le=High Speed Chase Ends with 4 Pit Maneuvers

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
and this is why I chose a Versa. Insurance on a fit would have cost double of what the V is.

Proven fact, people steal honda's

·
Registered
6,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
LOL!
Actually where we live insurance on a Honda is more. Simply because many young people have purchased them, riced them out, and then crashed them.

When my brother was getting insurance quotes they told him that Honda would cost more. For a base 4 door Civic sedan (with barely any features) it would have cost more to insure than the Sentra.

Are Honda's easier to steal than other cars? Why do people choose the Honda's over other cars?

·
Registered
6,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You guys get so much more of this than we do. Guess cause we're too lazy down here or something :p

Then again, chases here usually end in someone dying......
Where I live this rarely ever happens either. Police chases are never something on the news. However, there have been lots of major [deadly] crashes happening lately :(

·
Registered
354 Posts
ya its because ohio drivers are scary! i live about 3ish hours away from kings island and i swear everytime i drive there i almost get in a wreck!
=(

where i live theres alot of police chases because everyone group up around racers n crap sooo its like in your blood to stomp it when you see sirens in your rear view mirror..
plus most people hear either drive trucks and go through fields and loose cops or have a fast enough car and lived in the area for 20 million years and loose em fast...

theres alot of i guess car stealings? where i live to..
wooot
-_-

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.