Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I just bought a 2008 1.5 Nissan Tiida. When I enter my vehicle to the main road I come across a 50 % slope and I usually wait there in position "D" of the automatic transmission system. But when I release breaks the car continuously moves backward without locking in the current position. Do I have to worry about this or is this the normal behavior of a auto vehicle (This is my first auto vehicle and I do not know this is CVT or not).

Thanks

·
Registered
876 Posts
Hi,

I just bought a 2008 1.5 Nissan Tiida. When I enter my vehicle to the main road I come across a 50 % slope and I usually wait there in position "D" of the automatic transmission system. But when I release breaks the car continuously moves backward without locking in the current position. Do I have to worry about this or is this the normal behavior of a auto vehicle (This is my first auto vehicle and I do not know this is CVT or not).

Thanks
A 50% grade is a pretty steep hill, and your car is acting as it should regardless if it is just a plain automatic or CVT. The only time I would be concerned would be if you step on the gas, and it sill moves backwards, which would need to be addressed. Good luck with your new automatic

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you and one more question

A 50% grade is a pretty steep hill, and your car is acting as it should regardless if it is just a plain automatic or CVT. The only time I would be concerned would be if you step on the gas, and it sill moves backwards, which would need to be addressed. Good luck with your new automatic
Thank you. what a relief. :smile

Other than starting a new thread for my next stupid question for my car I'll post the question here. According to the manual the driver side automatic switch (The one with "A" mark) should be able to close and open all the windows when it is pushed to the second detent. But that does not work accordingly. Only the driver side window can be open or close from that switch although it can be pushed to the second detent. Other 3 switches work fine. Do you think there is a problem with the switch or the some open malfunction in the circuit or a burnt fuse?

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
For sure Auto open all the windows? Mine just for driver window.
Auto up doesn't work any more, I believe it's the switch second detent worn out. Auto down still works
Welcome!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.