Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. During my recent visit to AG&R, the mechanic told me that I definitely need front struts and possibly back shocks replaced as there is a lot of feathering on the tires. He claimed that they need to be replaced by 80K and I'm already at 75K clicks. His quote is 1,200 + HST. Can anyone with some experience help me out whether this is true that feathering is caused by struts? I thought that wheel alignment was the cause of feathering. Also, what do think of the cost? I'll appreciate your help.

·
Administrator
5,024 Posts
Either toe in or toe out will cause feathering on the tires. Struts shouldnt cause this... You should only need a wheel alignment or your lower control arm bushings could be shot.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Either toe in or toe out will cause feathering on the tires. Struts shouldnt cause this... You should only need a wheel alignment or your lower control arm bushings could be shot.
X2 :thumb2:

I need new shocks to improve ride quality, I haven't had a quote on a set of new front shocks so if anyone knows how much it would cost to replace the shocks and maybe upgrade the shocks for better stiffer solid ride that would be awesome. make it ride like a brand new car or better

·
Registered
407 Posts
Thanks Tubtub. I was thinking on similar line. Much appreciated.
Hey Noon, not sure if you saw my post regarding the upcoming meetup and cruise this Saturday. Will meet in Hamilton and go from there.

Search the forum for GTA meet up for details. Hope you can make it out, if your ride is not in the shop.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey Noon, not sure if you saw my post regarding the upcoming meetup and cruise this Saturday. Will meet in Hamilton and go from there.

Search the forum for GTA meet up for details. Hope you can make it out, if your ride is not in the shop.
Hey Kennethboker,
Thanks for the heads up, but not sure if I'd be able to make it. I'll keep it in mind though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.