Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first post on versa forums and I was looking for some input on my system. So far I have my stock head-unit w/ stock speakers. I have a "1400W Class A/B 2-Channel PZT Power Zone Series Stereo Car Amplifier" along with a 12 inch G1 Boston sub. I would like some input on the quality of the amp/sub and what anyone would suggest for a head-unit and speakers. I have found out the hard way that not all head-units fit in my versa.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
I've never heard of PZT, but if the sub is boston acoustics, then its probably pretty good. I've never tried them, but they are supposed to be really good for sound quality. Most HU's will fit in the vera opening since it has standard double-din sized opening. Check out crutchfield.com or Sonicelectronix.com for good deals.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
gotcha. crunch isn't too bad. whats the fuse rating on the amp?

On another note, does the "redsox" name imply that you are from the northeast?

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
The amp should put out plenty of power. You have to be careful cause sometimes the "low end" brands will advertize 3000 watts but they have tiny fuse, so you know they aren't capable of the power. Just remember that the versa only has a 110 amp alternator, and thats a cruising speeds. at idle you aren't making nearly that much power and you could have trouble with headlight dimming and such if you really crank it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Now have a new headunit and amp(never actually purchased the crunch amp). No new speakers though cause the stocks are still running well. My headunit is a Pioneer AVH-P3400BH , and the amp is a 1000W mono channel Kenwood amp. Always looking to upgrade!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts