Nissan Versa Forums banner

Sudden Electric Issue following unrelated body work

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  abuali7866 
#1 ·
I was in a minor collision (rear ended) a few days back. I got a call from the auto body shop yesterday claiming that suddenly the right blinkers-both front and back- weren't working. They also claimed the left headlight wasn't working but they replaced the bulb. I know for a fact that both the blinkers and headlight were working before I brought it into the shop as I always take meticulous records of damage immediately following an accident.

The shop is very suspect in a lot of their practices, and I fear the owner is up to some unscrupulous activity (especially as he claims he missed the issue on the first inspection and happened to find it 3 days later). Anyways, when the right blinker or hazard lights are activated they dash indicator lights up very briefly, and then nothing happens.

There is a faint "moaning" sound every time a activate the blinker or hazard light switch. Is it possible he messed with the fuses? The bulbs look fine, but none of the indicator lights on the right exterior work when the blinker is activated, the hazards are activated, or the key fob is used to lock the car. I've attached a video below.

TL;DR Shady mechanic wrecked my shit.

2013 01 16 16 15 23 - YouTube

See less See more
#2 ·
It is highly suspect that the issue started while in their shop. If they missed it during their initial inspection that is their fault - not yours. An initial inspection is to ensure the vehicle is working correctly to protect the shop in case something like this happens. If it was working fine and they now it is not then they should fix it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.