Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i double checked the issue is NOT air intake related, NO codes

i ordered a new fuel pump+filter just in case

anyone have anything similar happen? car is running fine except 2/3 of normal acceleration

could this also be a clogged injector? problem started SUDDENLY today

from what I understand you CAN'T change JUST the fuel filter on these?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
IF ANYONE ELSE HAS THIS PROBLEM - IT WAS THE BRAKE LIGHT SWITCH !

the little clip that holds the brake light switch to the pedal broke and the brake lights being on caused the computer to not let the car accelerate right....you can just unplug the brake light switch cord until you get a replacement...its like a $5 part

·
Registered
264 Posts
Good on ya for posting the resolution to your problem.

Surprised that there wasn't an ABS code alerting you to this issue. Did you scan just the ECM section?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
no actually I just googled "sudden loss of acceleration versa" i think and came across someone saying that replacing their brake light bulbs caused the same issue....and then I realized my brake lights were on with the car off

there is NO code that comes up for this.....and I doubt the average person would connect the dots between brake light switch and loss of engine power without google

·
Registered
528 Posts
Vehicles that have two switches usually do set a code for this. If you were to look at the scantool data, you'd see one say off and one say on, opposites. When they both say the same thing for x amount of time, it sets a code. If you monitor them both, there should be no delay between them. If there is, one might be on its way out.

I've seen a good bunch of cars over the years get carwash soap in that connector, from going through the wash with the ducting on fresh air instead of recirc. The water goes into the car, through the vents, and finds it's way into stuff like that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts