Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was bit chill this morning. I wiped all my windows before I start the engine. I had to put wiper to inter to get a better view.
The inside of windshield is also fogging up, I turn the vent nob to dashboard vent and crank heater to max. then I make a right turn.
The sun shined on my windshield and it fog up so quickly, in just couple of seconds, I can't see anything throught it. I was at the middle of intersect and I had to drive slowly pass it and pull over and start wip it from inside using some McDonald napkings.
The heater didn't heat up quickly enough. In my Pilot, when I turn the vent to dashboard vent, it will automatically turn on AC, which is dry air in seconds.
I know Versa is a cheap car, but would it really cost a lot to have AC link to windshield vent?

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
Just read in the 2012 manual that you have to push the AC button. It does not come on automatically like all other Versa's or other cars for that matter.

Ironically the way the 2012 is setup is exactly how alot of us wanted our hvac to function. I would love to be able to have heat on my windshield and feet without having the compressor running. Sure I like it for defogging but once that's done I don't want the power sucking, gas guzzling compressor constantly running.

I have found that my versa takes quite awhile for it to heat up and make good use of the defrost. Maybe it's because of the tiny engine as I never had this issue with any of my other cars. But then again they all ran much hotter then my V.

If all your windows were up and doors shut you shouldn't be getting too much if any condensation on the inside of the windshield.

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
I totally agree with your statement

·
Registered
247 Posts
Just read in the 2012 manual that you have to push the AC button. It does not come on automatically like all other Versa's or other cars for that matter.

Ironically the way the 2012 is setup is exactly how alot of us wanted our hvac to function. I would love to be able to have heat on my windshield and feet without having the compressor running. Sure I like it for defogging but once that's done I don't want the power sucking, gas guzzling compressor constantly running.

I have found that my versa takes quite awhile for it to heat up and make good use of the defrost. Maybe it's because of the tiny engine as I never had this issue with any of my other cars. But then again they all ran much hotter then my V.

If all your windows were up and doors shut you shouldn't be getting too much if any condensation on the inside of the windshield.
I have to manually turn my A/C on in my car when I use the heat lol Which will suck this winter if my windows fog, I have no a/c right now. =[

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
I have to manually turn my A/C on in my car when I use the heat lol Which will suck this winter if my windows fog, I have no a/c right now. =[
How do you turn on ac if you don't have it? If you have a first generation versa your ac turns on automatically when you select defrost. Your light won't come on but your compressor will cycle.

·
Registered
247 Posts
How do you turn on ac if you don't have it? If you have a first generation versa your ac turns on automatically when you select defrost. Your light won't come on but your compressor will cycle.

Mine is broken, I need to get it fixed , and I don't have a V anymore. Altho the V was the first car that I had that the A/c came on with defrost.

In my Saturn it doesn't come on unless I turn it on tho with defrost, I figure that out shortly after I bought her and the defrost wasn't working as well lol

·
Registered
79 Posts
i own a '12 too.. same thing happened to me, sort of. i was on the highway in the middle lane, and needed to switch to the right lane to get to an exit. all of a sudden, my windows and windsheild starting fogging up. couldnt see my mirrors or anything. rear, sides, everything. this was the third time my windows were fogging up during that car trip

so i blasted the cool air and quickly rolled down the windows so that the fog would get wiped by it, and i was able to change lanes.

honestly if its on your windows, not ur windsheild and you need it clear, worst comes to worst no matter what weather outside (it was raining for me on the highway), just roll down the windows. saftey over a few rain drops inside the car.

but for the windshield, once u start noticing a little fog creeping on the sides, turn on the air and turn the knob to the one with the windshield sign.

i dont hv a defroster either, SV class.

·
Registered
247 Posts
i own a '12 too.. same thing happened to me, sort of. i was on the highway in the middle lane, and needed to switch to the right lane to get to an exit. all of a sudden, my windows and windsheild starting fogging up. couldnt see my mirrors or anything. rear, sides, everything. this was the third time my windows were fogging up during that car trip

so i blasted the cool air and quickly rolled down the windows so that the fog would get wiped by it, and i was able to change lanes.

honestly if its on your windows, not ur windsheild and you need it clear, worst comes to worst no matter what weather outside (it was raining for me on the highway), just roll down the windows. saftey over a few rain drops inside the car.

but for the windshield, once u start noticing a little fog creeping on the sides, turn on the air and turn the knob to the one with the windshield sign.

i dont hv a defroster either, SV class.
There still cars sold without a defroster? I thought all had them, I should look more closely.

Rolling the window down helps, I do it in mine sometimes.

·
Registered
79 Posts
there are defrosters: button to activate rear window defroster and vent nozzle as shown on the manual pic posted up, for the windshield. just sayin that for the side windows, it gets foggy and to clear it, you either gotta dehumidify your air or just slide your windows down.

i didnt know whether to heat or cool the car in my foggy situation-- thanks for the manual post tho, after reading that, im now more prepared.

·
Registered
3 Posts
rewire

It seems that our versa hatchbacks has a fogging problem. Does anybody know why it happens more on versa than other cars?

Has anyone rewire controls on older v's to work like the 2012 v's as I agree with robj.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I don't think the fogging issues is greater in the Versa in comparison with all the other cars that I have owned, and that little car does have a big piece of windshield.

·
Registered
271 Posts
When i drive my car first thing in the a.m. i leave my house and drive down my road. By the time i get to the main street it's warmed up enough to put the defroster on to defrost the windshield. The little blue thermometer looking icon in the dash goes out when it's warmed up (to what temp. i don't know and it's usually warm enough within 5 mins.) sometimes i put the defroster on before the light goes out. I think the Versa warms up in a decent time.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.