Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys/gals!

Looking for new shoes for Kit ...

Any suggestions for local shops in and around the GTA or Niagara region.

I'd prefer to buy locally so I can see it in person to decide if I like it.

Also, what is the exact size I can get (looking for 17" rims).

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
I see Canadian Tire has expanded their selection of summer rims. I don't know if their prices are reasonable though. Also soon everybody will be clearing out for end of season, so keep your eyes peeled!
Also, imo, car manufacturer's rims are generally more robust than aftermarket ones. So if someone can recommend something that's reasonable but not cheap garbage, that would be awesome!
How have your Canadian Tire winter alloys been for ya?
Also:D since you are into cross border stuff, try discounttiredirect.com and have it shipped to a Buffalo/NF tire shop. I havde a friend at work from Welland who has done that several times. I'll see him Monday. 08v

·
Registered
6,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My winter rims from Canadian Tire are fine, held up good so far over three winter seasons. But I don't really like any of their rims that much to use as a summer tire.

I don't want a stock rim of any kind, and no used rims ... which is why I was hoping that others might have some good experiences with shops near by.

If not I will check the US but I'd prefer to buy it in a place where I can see it to make sure I like it ...

·
Banned
342 Posts
I suggest newmarket tire n mag. Great shop. Call and speak to aaron, the manager. They have a huge selection and can get pretty much anything you want. I wouldn't go anywhere else. In fact i have my 18's from them as well as my 16" snows. No 15's for me anymore

·
Registered
6,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok thanks for the info. I will add them to the list of shops I want to check out. I want 17". I don't plan on lowering the car so I don't want to go any bigger. The problem is finding a day during the week to go look with my brother. Most places are closed Sunday's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
613 Posts
Tire N' Mag is a great place
I went to the one in Pickering twice for two different sets of rims, they are definitely a good place to go to, and I don't see the newmarket one being any different so definitely check out Newmarket Tire N Mag.

have you googled to see if there are any aftermarket wheel shops in hamilton? that would suck if there arent any local ones

·
Registered
6,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Tire N' Mag is a great place
I went to the one in Pickering twice for two different sets of rims, they are definitely a good place to go to, and I don't see the newmarket one being any different so definitely check out Newmarket Tire N Mag.

have you googled to see if there are any aftermarket wheel shops in hamilton? that would suck if there arent any local ones
There are a couple shops locally. One is owned by a fellow coworker so I will check their shop out. But I want to check numerous places to get the best deal.

I work almost every Saturday so Sunday's were my only option.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Yea pickering tire n mag is owned by the newmarket owners brother
Well that makes sense lol

And hopefully you'll find a day that you can go look at some rims for your v Ashley.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I haven't been there in years, but Cheap Thrills on Martin Street in Milton used to be a terrific place. Lots of good deals on end of lines, unusual fitments, custom work, etc.

·
Registered
6,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So I bit the bullet and finally ordered them yesterday from discounttiredirect.com
I cannot wait for them to arrive and be installed :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,271 Posts
what did you get? are you selling any of the old wheels?

·
Registered
613 Posts
oooo purrdy! i have konig and falken as well :)
Your V is gonna look sweet with those, except now you'll have to lower it lol..

and btw how much did you pay? i wanna compare the cost to just getting them at a rim/tire shop

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
New rims look awesome! Can't wait! Would look fantastic lowered an inch, but that just detracts from the utility of the V:(i need a mid-life-crisis-car:D

·
Registered
6,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
New rims look awesome! Can't wait! Would look fantastic lowered an inch, but that just detracts from the utility of the V:(i need a mid-life-crisis-car:D
Ya lowering would look awesome but I like to drive spirited and I drive through downtown everyday (Burlington St is awful to drive down).

1 - 20 of 20 Posts