Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone else fiind the sunvisors way too small for side shading? I'm hoping to find something that has an extension or slides out when needed. Can't understand why they don't slide out on the arm...

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Not only that but the rear view mirror is too big and abstracts my view, or maybe that's cause I'm 6'-5" and sit too high lol. But you're right, it is too small even in the first gen Versas.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
The sentra isnt even available with slide out visors. The altima with convenience package is prolly the cheapest car to buy with exstensions. It sucks. For I am 6'2 myself, and with the seat all the back, theres a good gap where the sunlight hits me everytime, cause im far back. They need to be able to extend to the edge of the door. I was thinking of replacing them with some other nissan/infiniti visors, but they are to expensive to buy just to see if they fit, :(

·
Banned
3,417 Posts
It's a way to cut costs for production to keep the car affordable since it's an entry level sub compact. You're better off finding a salvagable sun visor off another car or buy an extension.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Yea I wish they had slide outs too like my GT has since they are really handy. I am like you guys however and don't like the idea of buying others to see if they fit or not.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK, so if anyone finds an aftermarket solution or knows of a swap that fits, chime in! I'll keep looking....

·
Registered
271 Posts
You think the sun visors on the Versa are small? My 2012 Camaro are pretty much useless. Smallest visors i have ever had and they don't extend out so side window sun block is non existent LOL

·
Registered
53 Posts
My solution to the useless Visor. A strip of tint film at top of front window (which suppose not to be tint). That may not look pretty, but surely blocked sunlight during my commute hours(both way).
It's just enough to block the sunlight but won't block my view to road at all. It's a DIY, so is not perfect nor pretty,; but sure does its job well.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Cost, cost, cost
Seriously? 2" more visor would have not added more than a few pennies. I think it was to keep the Versa from competing to harshly with the higher end models.

In fact, I bet once the re-designs of the higher end models come out, we'll see a freshening of the Versa with minor improvements like "bigger visors".

·
Registered
29 Posts
The window tint idea is awsome... Does it work well?

These visors are not built to the level of the car. They feel cheap and toy like.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The 2013 Versa has a Visor with a built in extension. Looking into fitment for my 2012, will post back...

·
Registered
35 Posts
Does anyone else fiind the sunvisors way too small for side shading? I'm hoping to find something that has an extension or slides out when needed. Can't understand why they don't slide out on the arm...
I definitely agree with you about the sides but its too short for me to use it at all. The visor only blocks sun from my forehead lol! Being short ain't all fun n games lmao.

·
Registered
35 Posts
My solution to the useless Visor. A strip of tint film at top of front window (which suppose not to be tint). That may not look pretty, but surely blocked sunlight during my commute hours(both way).
It's just enough to block the sunlight but won't block my view to road at all. It's a DIY, so is not perfect nor pretty,; but sure does its job well.

I actually had the big vinyl black strip put on the top of my windshield to help with the sun, and it also looks cool lol.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Not only that but the rear view mirror is too big and abstracts my view, or maybe that's cause I'm 6'-5" and sit too high lol. But you're right, it is too small even in the first gen Versas.
I know im 6'2" the seats are to high I stare out of the top of the windshield I dont get it. Is there a height adjustment on the base model I havent found? Or else im going to cut 2 inches out of the brackets.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I pulled the trigger and ordered a visor from a '13 sedan which has the extension. I'll photograph before and after pics when it comes in and I do the swap.
BTW it cost $108 after taxes in CND $$... :surprise

·
Registered
691 Posts
You think the sun visors on the Versa are small? My 2012 Camaro are pretty much useless. Smallest visors i have ever had and they don't extend out so side window sun block is non existent LOL
The visors? How about the entire beltline of the car is too small. Holy christ that roofline is way too squished down, don't know how you cope in daily traffic and god forbid parking them. Challengers have a huge blind spot too thanks to a massive B pillar.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts