Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey everyone,
just introducing myself. names mike, and i got the versa 2010 S hatchback as my first car ive ever owned about a month ago, makes the perfect college car. since then ive been slowly making a list of things I would like to do it, when funds can allow. i decided to tackle an interior light project since you cant see jack in the car at night. other than that, i added a kenwood ddx514 which makes the music sound quite a bit nicer out of the paper speakers haha check it out! the leds are currently only wired to the dome light supervision wire, altho i plan to add a switch to have an always on position and also when i finally get to it, a transistor circuit being fed input from a subwoofer system in the back. bunch of other things on the list already and its coming out pretty legit

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Welcome, nice light show you got going on. Like the door handle lights.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Nice lighting, looking good, welcome!

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
nice I like the handles welcome to the forum

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks guys! I just added an aftermarket armrest into the car as well. In the near future I am going to spray paint the hub caps satin black, since it came with brand new tires so I'm going to wait on getting rims. Further on down I intend on putting a single 12" sub system, of which i probably am looking at a Pioneer TS-W309D4 sub with a Kenwood 8105D. then sometime after, id do the F/R speakers, a DC exhaust system, and possibly an intake.
when I get bored in school I start to create projects for myself haha its going to be a fun summer :thumb2:

·
Registered
613 Posts
looking good! :)

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Love the lights! How did you do the handles?
the handles were actually pretty simple since I already had the door panels off to install an led in the door side panels as well. I got the 5050smd leds from superbrightleds and basically just fed the wires right into the little door handle gap. since the led has a film wire on it, it doesnt get pinched at all. then it was simply a matter of contorting your hand to get the wire and to wire it around the window track guards. the hardest part is wiring through the door muskets, altho i was using 18AWG speaker wire when I really only shoulda used something in the upper 20s. worked well tho, never seen the inside of a car door so that was interesting. ill try and take a closer pic sometime soon

·
Premium Member
790 Posts
Nice! I was thinking of doing the same, but in a dark silver color. but at the same time I wanna keep the stock hubcaps...decisions decisions. but still, nice!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
They were actually quite easy to do, I sanded it all first, then de-greased it, then sprayed 2 layers of black primer, and then followed with 2 layers of satin black paint. Was pretty easy, took only a couple hours! And to do all 4 hubcaps it took exactly one can of primer and one of paint.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
finally installed my subwoofer today! it completes my audio setup haha :26:

Kenwood DDX514 headunit
Pioneer TS-A1674R surround
Kenwood KAC-8105D mono amp
Polk Audio DXi 124 sub

its EARGASMIC

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.