Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have the Tanabe Lowering springs with the stock suspension set up.

I want the ride to be softer but I dont want to switch back to the stock springs, would new shocks help me? If so, what brands do you guys recommend?

Thanks in advance for the help.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
the ride is a little rougher but i like it, they have gotten slightly softer since i installed them, about 20k miles ago. maybe a set of coilovers? but thats crazy if you just want more comfort

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
I would recommend the Tanabe Sustec Pro S-Oc Type 2 (TSC123x) coilovers. I want to get them but I'll holding off until my warranty expires. They're over 1k but probably a good set since you already have Tanabe lowering springs. They'll work on 07+ V's. If Skunk2 made coilovers for the Versa, I'd get them instead. Here is the link http://www.sfxperformance.com/parts/TABTSC123X.htm
versaspeed sells those for $899

·
Registered
91 Posts
I have a set of Tokico Hp's with Eibach springs. Love the handling and although the ride is rougher it's not a significant change in ride quality.

If you want to look at the adjustable sets Tokico has the D-Spec series for the Versa that is pretty nice but mind you they will run pricier than the HPs.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have the tanabe coilovers and the ride is pretty rough. With the coilovers you have stiffer springs and shocks so you get a bit of bounce. Also being able to drop the car so much is very enticing. I dropped the car fairly low... A little over 2" and the ride was too rough. I have the drop right under 2" and it's a decent balance between handling and comfort.

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
Question: When does the warranty on the suspension expire, is it 36k like everything else?
Yes it's under the bumper to bumper 36/36,000. The engine and transmission are covered under 60/60,000 unless you have a certain years CVT I think nissan was doing them up to 100,000 but don't quote me on that.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.