Nissan Versa Forums banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
That would be cool. Like a high speed go-kart. My uncle has a Ferrari shop. He races about 5 of the 10 he personally owns. His favorite car to race though, is his Fiat. Its crazy the power they get in these tiny spaces.

·
Registered
33 Posts
That would be cool. Like a high speed go-kart. My uncle has a Ferrari shop. He races about 5 of the 10 he personally owns. His favorite car to race though, is his Fiat. Its crazy the power they get in these tiny spaces.

·
Registered
420 Posts
I always thought the Sunbeam Tiger was a high speed go-cart.

·
Registered
167 Posts
It is a Fiat Abarth?

I'm Italian so ask me if you have any questions LOL :D

·
Registered
8 Posts
So... this is why i don't do these stupid forums. You men with your egos try to be funny and turn out to be jerks. All he was asking about was about the gas tank being swapped Nothing to do with the fuel gauge. If you're not going to answer the question, don't answer it. People don't come on here for people to tell them to watch the gauge. Don't start lecturing people like you're their parent. It was a lame attempt at belittlement.
Quite frankly I would have told that person the same thing, to watch the fuel gage. Not out of belittlememt, but as a matter of fact. It IS a solution to the problem. Another solution if just to carry a 5 gallon gas tank with him. Females can be "jerks" too.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I usually get 450-525 miles on a tank and usually fill up somewhere between 1/8-1/4 tank from empty. People who complain about short distance on a tank should have driven cars with V8's of the '60-'70's that had 20-25 gallon tanks and a range of approximately 300 miles. My first car was a new '77 Buick Regal with a 350CI 2BBL. As I remember it had a 21 gallon tank and during break in got about 250 miles on a tank of fuel which later increased to around 300 miles. Later on I owned a '76 Lincoln Mark IV with a 460CI 4BBL with a 25 gallon tank with a range of approximately 250 miles with really careful driving. I also once had a '78 MG Midget with a 1.5L manual 4 speed, as I recall it had about an 8 gallon tank with about a 200 mile driving range.

·
Registered
744 Posts
My 58 Volkswagen bug came with no gas gauge from the factory. You would run the car until you started to run out of gas, and there was a lever you turned to the reserve position that gave you about another 1 gallon of gas. You could usually go another 30-45 miles further to get to a gas station.

·
Registered
193 Posts
My 58 Volkswagen bug came with no gas gauge from the factory. You would run the car until you started to run out of gas, and there was a lever you turned to the reserve position that gave you about another 1 gallon of gas. You could usually go another 30-45 miles further to get to a gas station.
Many of the bikes I rode back years ago were the same way, ride until the engine started to sputter then turn the lever to reserve and start looking for a gas station.

·
Registered
2014 Versa Note S Plus
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
This is what I expected. No feasible solution. The undercarriage of the Versa Note is already packed; I don't think there's a way to squeeze any more room for a bigger gas tank or an additional gas tank except for the spare tire or the trunk, which I don't want to do.

Shoutout to Christine74. Seems to be the only person here who gets it. It's a free country (at least here in the USA) so I'm not going to argue with everyone else here. Form your opinions and judgments if you want; if bullying and harassing some stranger on the internet is what it takes for you to feel better about yourself, then knock yourself out. I just started this thread to get confirmation regarding the feasibility of a bigger/additional gas tank and I got it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I think the best, cost effective thing to do would be to buy a quality gas can, like an Eagle Safety Can (5 gallons) and put it in the back. $31.79 at Walmart online:
5 gal. Eagle Safety Can

Or, if you're really concerned about fuel, buy 2 of them. That would be the equivalent of having installed 2 same sized 10-ish gallon factory gas tanks in the car. If you want a way to carry a smaller amount in case you run out of gas, Eagle also makes a 1 gallon model safety can. They specialize in safe products, here is their web site if you want to surf:

At regular mechanic's labor prices hovering +/- $100/hour this is a cheap and safe remedy. I'm going to guess 8 hours or more of labor to swap out the gas tank, that's $800 bucks labor not including whatever parts exist just to keep you from running out of gas. That doesn't make sense to me.

Another idea might be to throw a $20 bill in the glove box for when you are getting low on gas and money.

Plus, regardless of temperature outside, the idea with the safety can is that... well, its safe. I wouldn't say the same for a cheap red plastic gas can you might see other places. Plus the seal on the Eagle can is tight, so you wouldn't be smelling gas all the time.

·
Registered
6 Posts
They have a name for those type of people "trolls" and you can't go anywhere on any of the Internet forums without them.

Unfortunately...

Some people are miserable and as they say "misery loves company"... and they aren't "happy" unless they are trying to make someone else miserable. I have a (now ex) wife that was like that. Had to have total chaos every day unless it wasn't homeostasis for her. Some forums let you delete certain posts, not sure if they do that here... or maybe block a member/user...

I think I have more people blocked on Facebook than I do friends on Facebook, LOL... but that's Facebook

21 - 34 of 34 Posts