Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
I have an 8" in my trunk, and its good, but its not really enough to make a huge difference. My door speakers provide enough bass that I wouldn't even need the sub. I would really suggest getting a 10 or 12. It's good, but really wasn't worth it, my two cents. and no, im not looking for anything to pound down the street in, just something a little deeper and louder. I did adjust the amp so the speakers would do mid to high only, plus the speakers werent getting so low on full, they sounded like they were at there peak, and it didnt sound good, and its still alot of bass. I even adjusted the amp so it wouldn't go that low, but it just didn't sound good that way either. The sub didnt provide enough bass, and the mids weren't that great. So I turned the htz back to 80.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Thats 150RMS, and I have a kicker TCVT8 that puts out 200RMS, and its still not that great. My amp puts 250RMS to it. Now im not all that into car setups, but this is my first, and im still learning as I go. But from what I hear in my own car, id prolly go with a 10. But you know what you want, and other people know more than what I know. So its whatever. I also have the sedan, but I dont know if that makes a difference. The 8 is just to sharp and tight. I need something just a tad looser, but still keep the sharp.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.