Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have a 2010 versa s with power package. It does not have fog lights. I read here in some threads that S models with power package are prewired for fogs.

The question is the following: I want to add tail fog lights. If I replace the turn stalk with a stalk with a fog switch what else do I need to do in order to wire up/add tail fogs? Do I need to add an extra bulb in the tail light box, change the whole box?

May be if someone who owns an SL model could tell me if a separate fog light bulb turn on or some of the existing bulbs (e.g., rear bulb, blinker, etc... ) are used as fogs. Sorry if the question is "too" stupid, or being asked somewhere else already. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Yeah, never heard of that. As far as the front fogs, it is all plug and play. Just replace the turn stalk, and add the fogs with bulbs in the front, and the computer will recongize the new switch, and power the front fogs. I do not know what you mean by rear fogs though....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the replies :) Well, in Belgium you are required to have a separate rear fog light. Whatever that means. Apparently the left white rear light can be replaced with a red light on a separate switch to meet car inspection. bummer.

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
A lot of New Beetle member's add the Euro switch which gives them one rear fog! It is something cars do have! The left backup light becomes red, just like hippocanjump mentioned!

I am not sure though how the Versa would have that option considering our backup lights are not separated from our tails ...
If it's required in Belgium, why doesn't it come that way when you buy the car?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello everybody.....how can I change the bulb (H8) on my fog lights. Can I change it from the front or need to go under the car??? thanks....

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
I have been thinking of adding one of the rear fog lights to my V. jojo santiago I don't have the OEM ones but I think you just remove the trim then the light comes out and is replaced in the back where the wire connector is.

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
^^^ thats right where I was going to put mine

1 - 11 of 11 Posts