Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,
I am new to this form,and own a 2007 Nissan Versa. I need help I can not figure this out. I have tested the fuses and looked at the light bulbs to see if they are blown and they look fine. Break lights and signal lights work fine.

I installed an aftermarket stereo and it is working fine other then the antenna. The radio the adapter I bought for a 2007 Nissan Versa didn't fit, go figure.

I am assuming that for some reason the taillights were run through the factory stereo. I did not do anything with the two other wire harnesses that came off the back of the factory stereo. One was for the antenna but i do not know what the other was for. Does anyone know? Or know where I can get a decent wiring diagram for that harness? Below are the two connectors left unused from the stereo.

is there a way of completing the circuit to the taillights without running trough the factory stereo? or a workaround?

Any help would be greatly appreciated because i would like to be able to drive at night again. LoL

·
Registered
461 Posts
Did you use the black wire for a ground in the new radio? If so, that is the problem. You will need to run a ground wire to a body ground point.
That black wire is for the illumination circut, which controls the taillights. All Versa radios of that timeframe are self grounded.

The blown fuse you need to replace is in the IDPM, which is the white box with black cover just behind the battery.
Look for fuse # 37, 52, or 53.

Those other connectors look like they are for bluetooth and satellite radio.

For wire diagrams, go to nico club and you can download the Factory Service Manual.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for your quick reply Keith I will be working on that tomorrow.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Did you use the black wire for a ground in the new radio? If so, that is the problem. You will need to run a ground wire to a body ground point.
That black wire is for the illumination circut, which controls the taillights. All Versa radios of that timeframe are self grounded.

The blown fuse you need to replace is in the IDPM, which is the white box with black cover just behind the battery.
Look for fuse # 37, 52, or 53.

Those other connectors look like they are for bluetooth and satellite radio.

For wire diagrams, go to nico club and you can download the Factory Service Manual.
The fuse for the taillights was blown as you pointed out to check thank you.

I will be replacing it today. Although i want to make sure it doent blow again.

If i ground the stereo to the frame there will be 3 wires unused
Orange with siliver (where the stereo had been grounded to)
Light blue with silver
Black with silver
Where would those 3 be connected to?

·
Registered
461 Posts
IF your radio does not have the capability of connecting to the lighting/dimming circut, just tape off the ends.

Orange- Illumination +
Black- Illumination -
Sky Blue- Speed signal for automatic volume control

1 - 7 of 7 Posts