Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ordered and sent to my house. Just found out it fit 07-09 hatchbacks only? Has anyone tried to install on a 10-12? Have an 11' and wondering whether this is true and I need to return.

·
Registered
993 Posts
It will, most sites dont update the years that the parts fit.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Will installing this system void any part of my warranty?

·
Registered
993 Posts
Yes, but you can go nismo and not void your warranty. The s-tune parts do not void the warranty, it even says so in the warranty handbook.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My entire warranty or just my exhaust warranty?

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Don't quote me on this but think I heard that it only voids the warranty if any problems can be traced back to it. But yea Nismo S-tune will not void it what so ever.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
yes an exhaust would only void a warranty if they can prove it caused a failure I was told this from my dealer.

·
Registered
993 Posts
Some will try and say they can't prove it wasnt the part that coused malfunction, and won't fix the problem unless you pay far out the ass, its a dealership. It's all on the ppl workin there

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I see. Hmmm. Installed my Tanabe. Maybe I'll save for an s tune but 600 is pricey for me right now.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
then there's always the fail safe keep the old parts and if you have a problem that could maybe be blamed on the aftermarket part then swap in the stock part then bring it in

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Roger that. Put my old exhaust in storage :). Do I need to put the stock muffler on every time it goes in for service or just if there is an issue that could be related?

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
mine goes in for servicing modded in fact they always say they love it when I come in cause I am always changing something lol

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Awesome. Do you know if adding a strut bar voids warranties? I was going to Nismo that so it didn't but incase I go with Tanabe would it? Appreciate the answers hemifan.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
like I said before my dealer told me they have to prove it caused a failure to void your warranty. and no problem we are here to help each other

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
I doubt it will void the warranty, it's a bolt on add-on so doesn't mess with any mechanical part. Plus it's not replacing anything it's an addition.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks again.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yeah it does sit low. Im taking bumps super slow now just because i don't want to scratch it. Def sounds good!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.