Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got to install our new Tanabe NF210 Lowering Springs today. The NF springs are known as more of their "Comfort" line of springs, and currently the only ones offered for the Nissan Versa Note.

With a drop of 0.8 up front and 0.6 in the rear, it is minimal and near stock like in ride. I did notice that it is slighty stiffer than stock...but handles well, if not a little better than stock in my opinion.

As a low cost option compared to installing coilovers, my expectations were realistic. I just wanted a slight boost in performance, and get rid of some of the wheel gap!

Upon installing, i was perfectly happy with the height in the rear, but the front left me with wanting a little more. Going against what I usually tell my customers, we decided to cut a little off the springs in order to get just a little more drop up front. Be VERY careful when doing this...if you cut too much, you'll end up with spring movement at full droop. We were lucky and cut right up to that point of ruining them! It really leveled the car out nicely! Its not totally to where i'd like it to be...but its an improvement. Like i said, my expectations were realistic knowing we were using lowering springs.

Next year, I may just have to bite the bullet and pick up a set of adjustable BC Racing Coilovers. But for now, this is what my budget allowed.

Installed on the car already are a set of Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2 Wheels (17x7 +38). For tires, I chose the Toyo Tires Versado Eco in size 215/45/17. I run the exact same wheels (different size) on my race car...so it was an easy choice for me...Affordable, lightweight, and strong! I have also been racing on Toyo Tires for the last few years, so when it came to tires for this car, I chose the Toyo Versado Eco tire. These are affordable, offer great handling, and designed for light weight/economy cars designed to perform and allow for great mpg's!

Here is a picture of the car on stock suspension. As you can see, wheel gap for days!!!

Then we installed the Tanabe Springs:

As you can see...the rear looks fine...but the front just wasn't low enough for my taste. Most probably wouldn't see an issue...but I'd a performance guy at heart and demanded "Moar Low"...even though it goes against my own advice to cut them.

After cutting a little, this is what we ended up with:

Hope this helps anyone looking to lower their Note! Overall, the Tanabe springs are great! Excellent ride and a respectful lower (0.8 front, 0.6 rear). Whats next for this project? I'm thinking about testing it out on the track...Time Attack Tuesday at Adams Motorsports Park? I may have to do this ;)

·
Registered
46 Posts
I know 0.8 front and 0.6 rear is not much of a difference in ride height but can you see and feel much in difference in handling with the Tanabe springs. I'm on the fence of getting them for my 2014 versa sedan. Any advice would be helpful. thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Interesting. I am looking for springs to lower my car about 1.5" front and 1.0" rear but want springs with a higher rate as well. Where to find them? And Anti-Sway bars?
Tnx
G

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
7 Participants
gmansyz
Nissan Versa Forums
We’re a forum community dedicated to Nissan Versa owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion on performance, troubleshooting, accessories, purchasing, maintenance and more!
Full Forum Listing