Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
3,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought some Tanabe lowering springs today off Versaspeed. This will be the last purchase I'll make for a while. Afterwards, I'm going full out with the mods.
What does the ride feel like compared to stock? Does the car not lean and can you turn sharp corners much faster? Is it more sporty?

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
its stiffer, not unbearable though. looks way better, handles great (especially with a strut bar). it will feel more sporty to you. ive had my springs for over 30K miles and love them

·
Registered
187 Posts
its stiffer, not unbearable though. looks way better, handles great (especially with a strut bar). it will feel more sporty to you. ive had my springs for over 30K miles and love them
And Tango's got a slower Sedan just think how much better and faster your Hatchback is going to be! :smilielol5:

·
Registered
187 Posts
Here are a couple of links that I think you’ll find interesting and the youtube link is what I’ve been trying to get across since the beginning about having fun with your car be it your Versa or something else and between events like this and AutoX’s is where I graduated into Racing. I think it’s a lot cheaper and more fun using your own car then going to schools where you have to use there cars and cost a lot more money. My standard answer to somebody about racing well is “seat time, seat time, seat time”.
This is located in SoCal but check the race facilities in your area....there might be something similar.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhGT7JieDiM
http://www.speedventures.com/
Hope this helps those that would like to take there cars out and have some legal fun with them. Versa or otherwise.

·
Banned
3,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Came in the mail today, the box was beat up a bit, but no big deal. Could of been UPS delivery. The springs are new though!

Opened box before taking a picture

Actual product, can't wait to install them

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
they are barely stiffer than stock... but otherwise they give you a better feeling, knowing that your car isnt riding as high as stock...
so it feels like stock? If so I may be interested. I love stock riding cars. I think I'm getting old :)

When I ordered from Versaspeed, customs opened up the product and cut a piece off of the visor. I live in Canada so it had to go through customs. I was very upset about that!
Why the hell did they do that? Did you get a replacement or does your visor still have the piece missing?

·
Registered
6,563 Posts
Why the hell did they do that? Did you get a replacement or does your visor still have the piece missing?
LOL, ya that is customs for you. They don't really care at all. I cross the border weekly for school. If they have reason to suspect anything, they can search your car. And when I say search, I mean rip it apart. People have had their cars taken apart down to the floor and then when customs finds nothing, they tell them they are free to go. They don't put anything back for you. Sometimes they suspect people based on skin colour, or nationality. It is pretty sad but its the truth ... Luckily I have my documents to prove I'm a student, but sometimes they are pretty rude.

And YES I did get a replacement. Bob from Versaspeed mailed me the piece that was ruined. Apparently I am supposed to get a paper from the post-office to bring back the wrecked piece but they have not sent anything yet. Bob was super nice in sending me the piece. I don't think any other company would ever do that.

·
Banned
3,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
LOL, ya that is customs for you. They don't really care at all. I cross the border weekly for school. If they have reason to suspect anything, they can search your car. And when I say search, I mean rip it apart. People have had their cars taken apart down to the floor and then when customs finds nothing, they tell them they are free to go. They don't put anything back for you. Sometimes they suspect people based on skin colour, or nationality. It is pretty sad but its the truth ... Luckily I have my documents to prove I'm a student, but sometimes they are pretty rude.

And YES I did get a replacement. Bob from Versaspeed mailed me the piece that was ruined. Apparently I am supposed to get a paper from the post-office to bring back the wrecked piece but they have not sent anything yet. Bob was super nice in sending me the piece. I don't think any other company would ever do that.
Serious question, have you ever thought about moving to the US and becoming a citizen? That would be cool, having dual citizenship.

·
Registered
6,563 Posts
Serious question, have you ever thought about moving to the US and becoming a citizen? That would be cool, having dual citizenship.
No I don't think I want to move to the US. I like being a Canadian citizen. Although you never know what the future holds, if teaching jobs become available in the US maybe I'll go there, I'll have a certificate allowing me to teach there too.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.