Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys,

I was at midas to get an oil change... (don't have the equipment right now to do my own) the tech was backing my car out of the bay and slammed into one of those pointless curb islands.. anyways it bend the muffler 90 degrees to the right. They are going to replace the muffler and what not but i'm concerned there may be further damage in the front. Is it possible that the force broke the ceramic in the catalytic converter? Right now there is barely any back pressure and its rattling at idle when the a/c is on. they left a hole in the the inlet where the muffler is mounted which im sure is the reason for the back pressure issue. What are the signs of a broken catalytic converter? or how can i check ?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Would have it towed to a dealer, and have it fixed there with nissan parts. If the give you any flak threaten to call a attorney. Let the dealership inspect it and make the recommendations not midas.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
If the cat was bad I think you would get a check engine light. I could be wrong, but I seem to remember reading something about that before.

·
Registered
130 Posts
If the cat was bad I think you would get a check engine light. I could be wrong, but I seem to remember reading something about that before.
Since it just happened might take a lil bit for any problems to show.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
But if it was damaged, it would probably show now. There is a sensor before the cat and after the cat, and if it doesn't see the difference in levels across them it will throw a code, probably CEL

·
Registered
638 Posts
I heard my exhaust shop say they would have a drill a small hole before and after cat to check it. Hope things get fixed for you.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.