Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else feel this way?? I know there seem to be alot of city dwellers on here, but I had to drive to Toronto today to pick something up and it just reminded me how glad I am that I live in a small farming community. It has gotten bigger in the last few years with people moving in and commuting to the city, but we still have our core of locals that have lived here forever and know everyone. On a clear day I can actually see the Toronto skyline across the lake and its cool to look at it and think to myself how glad I am that its over there and I'm right here.

Who is with me???

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
I love being from the country, I hate city life and cant wait till the day we move back to NH or somewhere near there

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I love being from the country, I hate city life and cant wait till the day we move back to NH or somewhere near there
Nice! Took this pic today, only about 10 minutes from my house at a family picnic. With the drought we have been having and being in the country, you know what those lines of green grass in the background are :D

I HATE going to Toronto. I go in there during baseball season to see the Jays play probably 3 or 4 times a year, and to grab some street meat before the game... gotta love the sausage on a bun... but that is more than enough city for me. Been to NYC 3 or 4 times now. Its kinda cool for a day or two, but then I am itching to get back home.

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
this was taken about a year ago back around my hometown

and on the same trip about 3 miles from my parents house on an old back road

I cant wait to go home to visit and take some new pics

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
can't sleep need a glass of water post...

some people love living in the city. bc there are more people, more traffic, a lot going on at once, you can take a train or bus, whatever. my sister loves living in Atlanta, GA. she loves the big buildings, and the night clubs. she likes to come to east TN just to visit, but then she's done.

I like the peace and quiet of a small town. not too small towns bc some small towns people are mean.
they're friendly people :grouphug:
hello how you doing :cheers2:
so when are you leaving? :skep:
ohh k so you're visiting how nice have a nice safe trip home!! :wave:
if I ever have to move to a big city, just shoot me. :puke:
why? bc I don't fit in :shrug: and I get bored :eek:hsnap:
at least my lil boy has plenty of space to run in the backyard.
I like country, but not too country. I still like my city water :biggrinjester:

nitenite :sleep:

·
Banned
3,417 Posts
I don't mind the city, the night life is great, tall building make nice photos but can't live in one.The traffic and noise gets old quickly. Can't live in the country either cause it gets boring, slow and too quiet.

Always grew up in the suburbs with homes and strip malls, I never grow tired of it.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Never really been a country boy myself, lived half my life in the suburbs and the rest till now city. I totally prefer the suburbs but I do agree that both city and country have their pros and cons.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Where I live it's just right for me. It is considered country, but it has been growing. The city isn't too far for me to travel too, so when I want some city life I drive in.
I too agree, each place has their pros and cons.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
And your probably busy looking for D.B.'s treasure!

I like to hear nothing but the coyotes and whatever else is out in the bush not human. Big late night bonfires without having to worry about making too much noise for the neighbours, land to do what you want with... and so on. There is always something to do!

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
the largest "city" in my state (Maine) has 60,000 residents. My town is second with just over 40,000. I love it. It's big enough that we still have everything, but still has that small town feel. Lately we've actually been seeing a lot of businesses moving back form the outskirts to the down town shops area. It's nice. Traffics never really bad and if I wanna escape to the outdoors there's plenty of stuff within a half hour drive. Plus the ourshirts of town is all wooded.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
apparently, we went dowqn slightly in the last census, my town is at 36,000 residents. Portland now has 66,000 though.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
the largest "city" in my state (Maine) has 60,000 residents. My town is second with just over 40,000. I love it. It's big enough that we still have everything, but still has that small town feel. Lately we've actually been seeing a lot of businesses moving back form the outskirts to the down town shops area. It's nice. Traffics never really bad and if I wanna escape to the outdoors there's plenty of stuff within a half hour drive. Plus the ourshirts of town is all wooded.
Things seem to be different in the states... When I go to my cousins in Eau Claire, WI, the people seem to have such a small town feel to them, although to me it seems like a city. I know here it would be considered a city. Thats kinda cool, but my town is up to 7,000 people now lol. Its actually part of a town made up of 5 towns, that are all spread out by about 15 minutes. Mine is the biggest of them.

The town I'm going to be moving to has less than 500 :)

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
my home town has a population of about 13,000, and in va beach where Im living right now has a population of about 438,000 gee no wonder why I hate living here lol

·
Banned
3,417 Posts
The suburb I live in Northglenn, has about 36,000 people. It's land locked by several other suburbs, Thornton, Westminster, Broomfield and Federal Heights.

Thornton has 120k people, Westminster has 106k, Broomfield has 56k and Federal Heights is 11k. All adds up to about 329,000.

Metro Denver and all the suburbs add up to 2.8 mil people.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts