Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts
I think if that's where they want their place of worship to be, so be it.
I think it is outrageous that this is such a huge issue. Freedom of religion.
Yes, I understand it happens to be the religion of the people that created 9/11 but that doesn't mean that because 4 people made a day a symbol in America but doing awful things, that every single Muslim person is going to jump in a plane and plow through a building.
What about the people that also did heinous things? Should their religion, their freedom to worship their gods where they want, be taken away?
The kids who shot up Colombine, I don't know what religion they were, if they practiced, (probably not but not my point). But lets say they were Catholic. Would it then be such a HUGE issue to put a Cathoilic church next to Columbine High School?
No of course not, that would be stupid because these people are Americans.
For a free country, we sure have some pretty effed up values. The so-called melting pot of the world likes to outcast people.
Don't think i'm saying either that what happened on 9/11 wasn't a horrendous thing. It was. A lot of innocent people died because of terrorists. So to say that Muslim's cannot build their Mosque, their place of worship a few blocks from ground zero is absurd. Not all of them are terrorists. I know some Muslim people and they are the sweetest people I have ever met.

Don't punish a whole religion based on others actions.

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
Very well said Nici!

If you have freedom of religion, then so be it. Allow them to practice where they want to practice. After all, are they not American citizens too?

·
Registered
446 Posts
My only problem is letting in a religion who's answer for EVERYTHING is war.

·
Registered
354 Posts
My only problem with it is the fact that whether or not the controversial issue is wrong OR right, why would they make such a big deal about it if it was supposed to alleviate issues in the first place?

Seems so ironic that when they try to please the people of the Muslim religion by granting them permission to build their mosque that people in turn would just argue about something else.

Can't please everyone I guess, I can see if from both points of view. It is what it is.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
why would they make such a big deal about it if it was supposed to alleviate issues in the first place?
Because is election time 2010

if you suppor the mosque vote Democrat and watch CNN
if you do not support the mosque vote Replublican or Conservative and watch Foxnews

I don't agree this should but I also believe this is America and they the right to build it.

·
Registered
41 Posts
My only problem is letting in a religion who's answer for EVERYTHING is war.
The same could be said during the Spanish Inquisition era. As well as the Knights Templar. BTW dont know if you know this but I saw this on TLC a while back.

The Knights Templar built 5 cities/towns (dont know if this was intentional or not), but if you read/look at maps of those places they built,......they all form an inverted pentagram when lines are connecting them.

·
Registered
208 Posts
If I remember correctly the Mosque will be a few blocks down. *just looked it up* 2 blocks away. Freedom of Religion is what this nation is about, don't be a hypocrite.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I think its alright to build the mosque as long as there is a good relationship with the mosque and the immediate community. There are fanatics in any religion but as long as they feel apart of the community and are supported by the community nothing bad should come out of the mosque. This would be true for any other religion in my opinion.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I think its alright to build the mosque as long as there is a good relationship with the mosque and the immediate community. There are fanatics in any religion but as long as they feel apart of the community and are supported by the community nothing bad should come out of the mosque. This would be true for any other religion in my opinion.
Thats the sad thing about some ppl today. You have fanatics from different religions screaming bloody murder when a group of ppl want to build a mosque, Buddhist monastery, etc in an area or close to the area where something tragic happened to the US or whoever and the tragedy was committed by extremists of the religion of the ppl trying to build their places of worship and whatnot as a means of bridging the gap between different religions. Most if not all religions has its bad apples. Sadly its these bad apples that most ppl accuse a certain religion of being terrorists, communists, etc :(

1 - 10 of 10 Posts