Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
927 Posts
i cant believe car engine and suspension standard has gone this high lol... i know im getting a juke on 2012 lol if it does change then ill rethink about it :p but if the engine and suspension stay the same then i might get it :p i hope they just curve the DRL so its flat :p

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
imagine dropping 1.6T and convert the versa to AWD haha that would be fun

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I think 1.6L is to small of a displacement for AWD... AWD has sometimes 20% or more drivetrain loss.
If it was N/A it prolly wouldn't be powerful enough. But when its boosted, its got the torque to do the job, 240Nm = 177ft. lbs. Think of the 2.4L K-series in the Acura TSX, it has 171ft. lbs. torque. Those Nissan engineers really went all out lol.

·
Premium Member
3,272 Posts
supposedly this engine is the MR family so all you people wanting to swap engines it may be possible. I personally would be praying the exhaust manifold fit rather then just the engine swap.

·
Premium Member
3,272 Posts
Lol possibly, so MR16DET?

Actually they are specing it MR16DDT because it has direct injection. I am still baffled that it's the MR and not the HR as the HR already had turbo variants and companies saw it fit to use the HR in race applications over the MR.

·
Registered
567 Posts
I think it's a cute car, but I'd keep my Versa instead.
I'd rather buy a convertible in the future ...
I would love a convertible! But first I need to move to the west coast or Florida so I could leave the top down as much as possible. It would be soooo nice!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts