Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a quick search but couldn't really find anything that answered all my questions about lowering springs. So I wanted to hear from the people who have lowered their versas, what do you think? Is the ride better or worse? How is it in the corners? Does it drive better on the highway? How does it handle speed bumps? How often do you bottom out? I just want to get all the answers in one place here, and if anybody else has any ideas or questions, they can throw them in too.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I did the simple 1.5" drop, with 18" wheels. Handling is incredible. But when it comes to bumps, it feels like i installed bricks, not springs. Although I think it has a lot to do with the the low profile tires. Speed bumps? Never had a problem. Sometimes I scrape The underside of my front bumper if I go up an incline too fast, but that's my fault..

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
-what do you think?
-Is the ride better or worse?
-How is it in the corners?
-Does it drive better on the highway?
-How does it handle speed bumps?
-How often do you bottom out?
QUOTE]

-I love them I have tanabes deff one of the best mods I have done
-a little worse but not that bad veery simaler to OEM
-its so much better in the corner with all the other handling mods I have done its a whole new car but the springs completed it
-found no real difference on the highway sep lane change and on/off ramps are better
-its ok with speed bumps if you take it slow and angle the car over
-at least once a day lol but mostly its scraping the tip of my DC exhaustor the rear sway bar because that sits way low (mostly that happens if I take speed bumps straght)

·
Registered
613 Posts
i also agree, i love my tanabe's
i hate speed bumps, just because my magnaflow muffler is huge and tends to scrape the ground (even after having the muffler shop adjust it as high as they could without cutting into my rear bumper)

and lets just say if i hit pot holes i either couldn't see or avoid i die a little inside lol.. and tend to cry out "OW" each time as if i'm the one who's actually being hurt :p people who ride with me find it funny and those who drive with me a lot have adopted my saying as well haha..

and cornering no issues, highway driving i myself don't see much of a difference

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks guys! I hope more people will chime in here. I want to add the springs in the spring.. No pun intended.

·
Registered
78 Posts
You are asking just springs only right? On the V I did suspension on it, but base on past experience if you just do springs only it will firm up quite a bit (depends on which springs). Comfort level will decrease a bit but you get better stance and handling. Down the road you will need to upgrade the shocks. Should be fine on speed bumps unless you get some super lower springs like 2” or something. For quick fix with handling and the SUV wheel gap, the spring should do just fine

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.