Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok. So it seems like so much bad luck has come my way lately, but tonight some tables turned.

I was sitting in my car for like an hour trying to figure out WHY THE [email protected]$# MY SUBS STOPPED WORKING. Needless to say I was super frustrated. My dash was torn apart from me looking at wire connections, aimlessly trying to fix something.

Then a guy pulled up in the parking spot next to me. (I live in a hotel while I'm here in VA on T.A.D. orders.) He asked if I was having audio problems.. (Rhetorical I know.) So he just jumped in the car and troubleshooted the hell out of this problem. I learned that he was an AS stationed on the USS Roosevelt. He grabbed tools out of his car and really got down to work.

To make a long story short, he found out that my otherwise perfect looking master fuse was blown. no power was getting past it. Something that would have cost easily $80-100, cost me $6 at walmart. He said maybe if we see each other again I can buy him a beer. Uh duh. I wanted to kiss the man. (no homo.)

Anyway, thanks Tony. You are a real shipmate.

·
Registered
613 Posts
def. glad to hear there are some good souls out there :) also glad you got your problem fixed!

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
On Saturday I was trying to fix an annoying rattle while I was in the parking lot at walmart. If you have loud subs, you know what I'm talking about. Turned out some water had frozen between the body and the trunk lid and so the trunk was vibrating against it. Anyways, while I was outside the car trying to figure it out (with the music blasting so I could here the rattle) a guy drove up and asked if I needed. Any help. Granted, he didn't need to do anything, but there are definitely stillsome good people still out there. I would like to think that I am one of them.

·
Premium Member
3,272 Posts
Awsome story

·
Registered
993 Posts
What is it with walmart and being a good samaritan? I was up at walmart around 3 in the am (theres nothing to do here) while leaving I heared two employees talking one was off but stuck without a ride, long stroy short I pulled up to the front and gave the guy a ride home, he just looked so depressed.

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
some times it backfires being a good Samaritan, but don't give up! Love the stories:thumb2:08v

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
glad he helped you get the subwoofers working again. was it the cable fuse that goes on the battery that was blown?

if I see someone with the hood open and the person looks like trying to figure out something I usually ask if they need help, a battery jump, or they need to call someone or anything.

·
Registered
993 Posts
glad he helped you get the subwoofers working again. was it the cable fuse that goes on the battery that was blown?

if I see someone with the hood open and the person looks like trying to figure out something I usually ask if they need help, a battery jump, or they need to call someone or anything.
Little help can go a long way.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts