Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.

I've been debating what to do. The only nissan dealer that is a decent drive leaves a lot to be desired. I think it's mostly because I didn't buy the car there. On the other hand we have a great local Ford-Lincoln dealership right around the corner that has probably the best service department I've ever dealt with and they are very reasonable in their prices. Their oil changes with motorcraft synthetic blend are the cheapest around and they are awesome with my Lincoln SUV. I've known them personally my entire life and trust them so do me right and they always have in their service department (thinking I maybe should have gone with their make instead of the versa but too late now). Even though I bought the lincoln elsewhere they treat me like I've boughten a new expensive car there every year, and that level of service says a lot in my opinion.

If I went to them for all my maintenance and kept the receipts (they also say it stays in their system in case I ever need a reprint) does anyone see any issues with nissan for warranty repairs under the manufacturers warranty or my nissan signature plus after my factory warranty expires? I looked into trading but that's not gonna be an option so I'm trying to figure out the best way to live through the next 5 years at least with the least amount of getting poed lol.

Any thoughts are appreciated.

Justin

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Can't put a price on trust! Go with your proven service department!

I use my local fave independent mechanic. Last year, my Altima needed a new motor. For the warranty work, i went to a Nissan dealer that is well recommended by other forum members, now including myself.
Their only request was properly documented oil changes, regardless of who performed them. So after the dealer verified my shop's documentation, it was all good. A brand new engine for my wife's Alty!
:banana:
So by my experience, go with your friends at Ford

·
Registered
993 Posts
I don't take mine to Nissan at all, unless its for a recall. Go with who you trust.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies. I do have some concerns though. Wondering if I should bring nissan oil filters and make sure they don't top off things that are nissan specific like the blue antifreeze without me bringing it or something. Would hate for them to add ATF fluid to the cvt or the wrong antifreeze and screw up my car/warranty.

What are your thoughts? I'm sure they would do everything right I just worry about them for example putting a wrong fluid in because they don't realize nissan is specific.

Justin

·
Registered
143 Posts
I bought my 2010 Nissan Versa HB used and did not get any maintenance records with it. I've also had oil changes done at various places. Recently, during an oil change, the mechanic spotted a problem and told me to take the car to a Nissan dealership for warranty work. Nissan covered the repair under warranty without any records. My point is Nissan will take care of their customers.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I hear ya I have all the faith in the world in nissan. My problems are with the local dealer's service department and their "you didn't buy it here" attitude. Really bugs me lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.