Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
I remember someone doing it. I see no benefit to it. It's there to prevent freezing up and sticking of the throttle plate I believe. I did it on my old car but that was because I needed to feed the coolant to the turbo.

Only benefit I can see is possibly a cleaner engine bay with less hoses.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
i have it done, and so do a couple other people. im not really sure how to explain it but it prevents the liquid going through the tube to get heated up or something

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah I agree with you. I live in Florida so I really don't need it there but then yet I have a 1.6L and 1 or 2 hp wont do nothing. Just wish there was a great mod for 1.6 to get optimum hp w/o enigine swap lol

·
Registered
56 Posts
I have it done on my Spec-V and I live in freezing North Dakota. There are no drawbacks from doing it, but there are also no proven power gains. There is proof that it cools the intake air from anywhere between 10 and 20 degrees. Cooler air is denser air, denser air has more oxygen. More oxygen, more power. Do it if you are trying to squeeze the most out of the car. It is free...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.