Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I've got a Nissan Versa 07 and I just got my buddy to clean the Throttle Body with some cleaner... everything seemed fine until i got home about half an hour later. I pulled into my driveway and shut off the car. realizing i needed gas i turned it on and the service engine light was on, went to go get gas and came back and when i was idling in my driveway the revs went from 1 to 2.5 rpm up and down continuously.

I tried giving it a lot of gas to maybe break this loop, but nothing.... anyone got a guess as to wtf is going on? Although my guess atm is the computer which tells the engine what to idle at is reset cause of the throttle body being opened up.... FML

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Hey guys,

I've got a Nissan Versa 07 and I just got my buddy to clean the Throttle Body with some cleaner... everything seemed fine until i got home about half an hour later. I pulled into my driveway and shut off the car. realizing i needed gas i turned it on and the service engine light was on, went to go get gas and came back and when i was idling in my driveway the revs went from 1 to 2.5 rpm up and down continuously.

I tried giving it a lot of gas to maybe break this loop, but nothing.... anyone got a guess as to wtf is going on? Although my guess atm is the computer which tells the engine what to idle at is reset cause of the throttle body being opened up.... FML

it sounds like a vaccum leak and also...
make sure he hooked the throttle sensor back to the S tube

that's all for now, let us know if youhave more info

·
Banned
342 Posts
when you service a fly-by-wire nissan throttle chamber you have to relearn the idle. It needs a high end programmer if you dont want to go to the dealer. Or it will self learn in a few weeks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts