Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone with a throttle controller noticed an increase in eco driving? I'm not complaining about the MPG of my Versa, but I've wondered if it could get better :46:. The NTD controller seems to be the best bang for the $$ and it would be a great excuse to buy some upgrades.

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
Has anyone with a throttle controller noticed an increase in eco driving? I'm not complaining about the MPG of my Versa, but I've wondered if it could get better :46:. The NTD controller seems to be the best bang for the $$ and it would be a great excuse to buy some upgrades.
It will be able to get you better MPG's for sure.

i think you will because it will limit your RPM :p you can do it your self :p
It doesn't limit the RPM but it does change the ratio between pedal placement and throttle position. Basically when you push your pedal down say 10% of the way stock the throttle opens 25%. You can adjust that with this controller. In eco you push 10% the throttle may open only 5%. In sport you press 10% it opens say 40%. This is not actual numbers but it does explain how it works.

Another useful tool to get is a scan gaugeII. It doesn't alter anything but having a readout of MPG in real time will subconsciously alter your driving style if you are looking to get better MPG. Plus it can do a lot of other things.

If your really serious get both. Free way to get better MPG is to just slow down. Read up on www.cleanmpg.com for great tips on driving.

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
no problem. Search around there is a thread with a PDF that tells you the exact numbers.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yes, T/C kit will save you gas especially in regular commute and congested city driving.

Following is quoted from a Subaru Legacy owner

"I've had this on my 2.5i for a couple of weeks now and it really helps with traffic in Eco mode. I usually have mine set on ECO 1 or 2 during normal commute, ECO 3 during heavy traffic and it's conserved a lot of fuel. Highly recommended!""

·
Banned
1,206 Posts
i have had mine for quite some time, and let me just say it is one of the best purchases i have made for the Versa... i use Eco 3 constantly, and i will on occasion switch to sport 7 to have some fun... i have noticed better MPG suited to my driving style but i think the results will vary...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.