Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
I am a noob. I see threads on throttle controllers for the versa. What do they do and can I use it on my 2.0? Will it it help? Thanks!
I have a NTD Throttle Control and it is probably one of the best power gain applications I've bought. It doesn't increase horsepower or torque, but rather, unleashes the engine's full potential.

When you start the car, the control says "nor" where basically everything is normal. Then you have options of putting it to "Ec1" to "Ec5" and "Sp1" to "Sp7". The "Sp" is the sport setting which allows the throttle body to drastically open when you accelerate (basically makes the pedal more sensitive as you increase from 1 to 7). The "Sp7" setting does wonders when I'm accelerating onto the highway or trying to pass a car. If you have modified your Versa (intake, exhaust, suspension, etc.), this is a must! Well at least in my opinion.

The "Ec" function does the exact opposite, it makes your throttle more sluggish. I love the "Ec5" because it increases my MPG by about 15%. I usually drive on the highway, and this helps when you're stuck in the last gear and your RPMs are high. This will make your throttle body open less than normal and thus, will intake less air for combustion.

I bought mine from Bob over at VersaSpeed and it came with 2 boxes. The first box is the controller and the second box is the harness. For the Versa, I believe that it is compatible with all the years thus far. What I love about the NTD is that it is compatible with many car applications, all you need is the harness for that car. I believe the harness for the Versa can be used for other car models are well, but I need to check (it gives a list of cars for each harness type).

Installation was cake. It's all just plug and play, seriously took me less than a minute. I will be posting pics of my throttle control this weekend in my For Sale thread if you want to get an idea as to where to mount, etc. Hope this helps!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks for the info. Looks like it may help my situation. My 2.0 Sentra CVT feels sluggish off the line so hopefully this will wake her up a bit. I tried calling versaspeed like 20 times and they don't answer. Are they still in business???

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
its a fun toy. id buy it again if mine every got stolen or broke. its been a year since ive had mine installed and it still works like the day i got it.

but mind you this doesn't give you hp or tq, it just opens your throttle more or less depending on the setting you set. I like mine on SP3 on the MR20 motor, its fun.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Will the dealer have a problem with the throttle control and warranty?

I have a NTD Throttle Control and it is probably one of the best power gain applications I've bought. It doesn't increase horsepower or torque, but rather, unleashes the engine's full potential.

When you start the car, the control says "nor" where basically everything is normal. Then you have options of putting it to "Ec1" to "Ec5" and "Sp1" to "Sp7". The "Sp" is the sport setting which allows the throttle body to drastically open when you accelerate (basically makes the pedal more sensitive as you increase from 1 to 7). The "Sp7" setting does wonders when I'm accelerating onto the highway or trying to pass a car. If you have modified your Versa (intake, exhaust, suspension, etc.), this is a must! Well at least in my opinion.

The "Ec" function does the exact opposite, it makes your throttle more sluggish. I love the "Ec5" because it increases my MPG by about 15%. I usually drive on the highway, and this helps when you're stuck in the last gear and your RPMs are high. This will make your throttle body open less than normal and thus, will intake less air for combustion.

I bought mine from Bob over at VersaSpeed and it came with 2 boxes. The first box is the controller and the second box is the harness. For the Versa, I believe that it is compatible with all the years thus far. What I love about the NTD is that it is compatible with many car applications, all you need is the harness for that car. I believe the harness for the Versa can be used for other car models are well, but I need to check (it gives a list of cars for each harness type).

Installation was cake. It's all just plug and play, seriously took me less than a minute. I will be posting pics of my throttle control this weekend in my For Sale thread if you want to get an idea as to where to mount, etc. Hope this helps!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Will the dealer have a problem with the throttle control and warranty?
I highly doubt it but don't quote me for sure. It's just like adding a GPS to your car (I think). It's not really affecting anything, though it is plugged in to your gas throttle. Yeah can't help you here buddy, but even if something happens, you could just uninstall the throttle control and it would be as if nothing was there :thumb2:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.