Nissan Versa Forums banner

Tint Info

7K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  ADOversa 
#1 ·
I wasn't sure where this should be posted but i figured everyone will want to know the tint laws in their state:

Go to the link and click on your state:

http://www.tintcenter.com/laws

#5 ·
Just my way of looking at it -

If you are planning on getting tint as soon as it is done go to your local PD and have it tested. And make sure when you do go, you carry a copy of your state law with you because not all cops are fully versed in the laws they are supposed to uphold. When you get to the PD and have successfully passed a tint check see if you cant get it in writing, and if at all possible notarized as well. Looks better for you if a cop does stop you over it if you have a written statement by a PD saying your tint passes state laws.

#6 ·
I know here in Ontario it is completely up to the officers discretion. I have asked a few of them, as well as a friend who owns a tinting business, and they have all said the same thing. One officer told me that the test he does is he holds your licence up 2" from the glass and if he can't read it from the outside then its too dark.

#7 ·
Yeah its weird in the highway traffic act I believe the wording says that the tint can not be dark enough to substantially reduce visibility, I've heard most people will accept letting in 35% of the light in front, and back can be as dark as you want. In quebec it was required to let is %70 up front so its much easier here

#8 ·
Yeah the wording is something like no film or coating shall be on the front two windows that obscures the view of occupants or something like that. I have heard 35% thrown around before too... I have 20% and at night it looks really dark but on a sunny day you can see people in the car. I love driving it at night, I don't know why, but it is just cool to drive along and know noone can see in, kinda a privacy thing I guess.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.