Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
I recently joined the forums after getting my first car (2011 Nissan hatchback 1.8L) and Im scheduled to have my car tinted this Wednesday and NY state law says that you have to allow 70% of the light into the car in both the front and rear windows...I have seen 30% tints and they dont look like much at all, but I was wondering if anyone (esp NY residents) has any experience with how tough cops are when it comes to cars being tinted...I'd prefer 20% but it isnt worth a 150.00 ticket but i feel 30% is almost too minimal to even do....any thoughts?

·
Registered
6,563 Posts
Hi everyone,
I recently joined the forums after getting my first car (2011 Nissan hatchback 1.8L) and Im scheduled to have my car tinted this Wednesday and NY state law says that you have to allow 70% of the light into the car in both the front and rear windows...I have seen 30% tints and they dont look like much at all, but I was wondering if anyone (esp NY residents) has any experience with how tough cops are when it comes to cars being tinted...I'd prefer 20% but it isnt worth a 150.00 ticket but i feel 30% is almost too minimal to even do....any thoughts?
I have 35% front and 20% rear.
My last car was 5% all around and I was never once pulled over. Not sure if they are super strict on it here ....

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
I used to have limo in the back and 35 in the front in my last car. Got pull over twice, first time they just told me to take the fronts off, I didn't listen. Second time they game me a city ordinance ticket for 40 bucks so that wasn't too bad. This was all in a period of almost 3 years so I say I had a good run. I live in Chicago so the law is the same. I plan on getting 20% all around when I come around to it on the V. My whole point is, try it out and see how it goes. That's the only way you will know for sure. Every city and every cop is different.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
30% is almost too minimal to even do....any thoughts?
i do half my driving in either early morning or late night, so then i find the darkest tint too dark to see. And i don't wanna back over my kids or the neighbour's kids either:Angel_anim:but i do like tint! Especially helpful in the NY snow. IMO get 25 or 30%

·
Registered
6,563 Posts
i do half my driving in either early morning or late night, so then i find the darkest tint too dark to see. And i don't wanna back over my kids or the neighbour's kids either:Angel_anim:but i do like tint! Especially helpful in the NY snow. IMO get 25 or 30%
That's how I felt with 5%. Dad had taken the Accent to get tinted as a present for me when I was in university. Asked for dark tint after having bad experiences with people following. I had a hard time driving at night.

I have 20% in the rear and can see much better at night. I'll never go that dark again.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Hi everyone,
I have 35% that's the lowest I can go in the State of Tennessee.
If I get pulled over, the officer cannot say anything about my tint and that's the peace of mind I want
:Angel_anim: :Angel_anim: :Angel_anim: :Angel_anim: :Angel_anim: Go VOLS!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.