Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I need to change my tires since they are very worn, Tiida comes in with P185/65R15 size,
what other possible sizes could I look into, the issue is that here in Costa Rica, that size is very rare, and the cost is very expensive
ai was thinking of 195 or 205, but they seem very wide, any imputs?

·
Banned
3,403 Posts
The wider the tire, the better traction and grip. I would suggest you look into 215/45/17, the sidewall less but very common for upgraded size. You'll new need wheels though. You can put 195 on the stock wheels.

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
Tire size calculator

Use this to see what tires will fit. I myself am going to try and put 195/65/15's on the car soon. Just because I have extra set of rims with tires that size already on it. I tested them in the back and they fit just fine. The front is what I'm worried about. Haven't tried them there yet.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
for example the stock size is around $110 per tire , firestone
205-60-15 is like $80
195-60-15 is like $90

that is the reason why Im worried about the size, benefit better grip, I had 215-45-17 on my last Altima, and were great, but with stock rims I dont know what possible size could fit,

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
for example the stock size is around $110 per tire , firestone
205-60-15 is like $80
195-60-15 is like $90

that is the reason why Im worried about the size, benefit better grip, I had 215-45-17 on my last Altima, and were great, but with stock rims I dont know what possible size could fit,
205/60R15 is the next correct upsize. Sounds like a great deal when its cheaper than the stock size. With the benefit of more grip comes more rolling resistance than could affect gas mileage.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
everything it very expensive, for example most of the tires are double the price us has, same in sterios and HID's.
I used to live in Miami and miss those prices, what I do is import most of the stuff off ebay or amazon

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hello new guy here:

I also want to know whats the best tire size for my new versa, it came with 195/65/16 but to me it looks like its not much tire, so i want to upgrade it, but i don't want to mess with the speedometer, so i guess my question its, whats the next best size for my type of rim without interfering too much with the readings of the speedometer ?:smile5:

Thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
195/65/16 is not a stock tire size. What wheels did your car come with. You have any pics of this setup?

·
Premium Member
4,523 Posts
everything it very expensive, for example most of the tires are double the price us has, same in sterios and HID's.
I used to live in Miami and miss those prices, what I do is import most of the stuff off ebay or amazon
Double the price? How much are they? In post one you said they're $80(205-60-15)...I paid like $405 for mine(including taxes and everything), that was because they were "Buy 3, get the 4th free."

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.