Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you guys rotate your tires? If so at what interval and which pattern do you rotate? Also for the DIYer's what is your method?

I'm thinking jack the car up from the front and lower on jack stands. Remove both tires and jack the car up from the back and remove both rear tires. Then put them in correct spots right? Is there a jacking point on the Versa in the middle of the car to raise both front or both rear tires at the same time?

Nissan is recommending every 7500 miles rotation. Dam seems like alot of work. I need an electric impact.

·
Registered
6,563 Posts
I do rotate my tires.
However, because I put winter tires on for about half the year, I rotate them when they come on/off. I rotate mine front to back ...
I think my dealership said every 12000 kms, but I can double check.

Also, because I rotate them at home we simply jack up each corner (front driver, then front passenger, etc). There is a spot where you can put the jack. My dad has a compressor so it makes it so much easier to take the tires on/off. He does it for me :)

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ATX you don't cross the fronts to the rears like in the link I posted? I'm on and oil change every 7500 miles so I am going to rotate every oil change. Just have to get an electric impact and my jack back from a friend.

BTW this is going to sound really stupid but how do you take off hubcaps? I assume just pull but is there a certain spot to pull from? I've never had a car with hubcaps before. Everything I have ever owned had alloys.

·
Premium Member
583 Posts
old skool tires you crossed, but new tires you just rotate fom front to back. Jack points im not sure on, that reminds me i need to rotate mine this weekend maybee. I usually do it about every 15K (I have not done it on the V yet, and im at about 20K)

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
old skool tires you crossed, but new tires you just rotate fom front to back. Jack points im not sure on, that reminds me i need to rotate mine this weekend maybee. I usually do it about every 15K (I have not done it on the V yet, and im at about 20K)
Dave you are correct. I just looked it up in the Versa manual. Sure enough you move the fronts to the back and back to the fronts.

·
Registered
6,563 Posts
Yes I rotate Driver Rear to Driver Front
and then Passenger Rear to Passenger Front.
That is what the dealership told me to do. They did my first tire rotation, but since then I just change them when I swap on the winters. I don't drive enough to have to rotate them in the summer or in the winter. Works out good for me just having to switch them when I switch the all seasons for winters.

·
Registered
6,563 Posts
Lol,
Yes it is easier having two sets of rims/tires. I only have to rotate them twice a year. Once, when I take off the winters and put on the summers and twice when I take off the summers and put on the winters! ;)
However, I would rather have to change them more often if it meant no snow. But that will not be happening anytime soon over here :(

·
Registered
444 Posts
Front to back here due to the directional tread on the tire. Going the other way with the tread would almost definitely cause a crash.

·
Registered
354 Posts
i rotate my tires every 5000 miles.
unless its summer time then i do about every 2500 miles for ummm "crazy driving reasons"

i gottta fancy lift where i work at called an alignment rack that i pull up on and have swing jacks to lift my car BE JEALOUS! =P

yes order for tire rotate if using stock wheels is backs to front fill to 32psi or 35 psi dont remember look on the door other wise youll get the annoying tire light on!

·
Registered
6,563 Posts
i rotate my tires every 5000 miles.
unless its summer time then i do about every 2500 miles for ummm "crazy driving reasons"

i gottta fancy lift where i work at called an alignment rack that i pull up on and have swing jacks to lift my car BE JEALOUS! =P

yes order for tire rotate if using stock wheels is backs to front fill to 32psi or 35 psi dont remember look on the door other wise youll get the annoying tire light on!
That's one good thing here, we don't have TPMS!! No lights on for me :)
My stock tires are still the same as when I got the car 16 months ago. The psi is still perfect. I guess nitrogen does hold its place!

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'm coming up on 15k miles and haven't done it yet. I will be doing this in 15k mile intervals. I figure my tires should last me about 45k miles. I couldn't imagine getting any more out of them.

·
Registered
444 Posts
as for the hubcap, use a the claws on a hammer. WATCH THE FENDER.
Use the opposite end of the lug wrench thingie. Just jam it in there and peel back at about 4-5 points around the wheel.

·
Registered
354 Posts
"i love my versa"
Your very lucky for not having the TPM im jealous!
Here in indiana it goes crazy because i use standard air to fill mine up, and it goes from like 60 degress to like 40 degrees all the time, soo it messes with the pressure in the tires alot!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.