Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so the day i bought my car i was driving down the interstate going home and a tire blew...i didn't own the car but for 30 minutes. i was livid. so we got new tires the next day...mind you this was may of 2009. i was checking out my tires the other day because the sensor came on...and i need new friggin tires..ALREADY! i don't drive more than the average person and it think its a tad ridiculous that its been what 8 months? and the brand new tires i got need replacing already.

needless to say i'm never buying falcon tires again

·
Banned
3,417 Posts
Had the same issue with Falken tires tread wearing too fast on my Honda. Owned them for a year, and noticed the tread were almost gone.

·
Registered
431 Posts
fyi. it is a good practice to align the toe to 0 atleast once a year...

I did mine when I installed them on my integra... and it still did nothing to save it

·
Premium Member
3,272 Posts
Falkenz do wear really quick. I'm still on the stock bridgestones. I have 26k miles and no rotations yet. I'm about to swap them soon though. The fronts are noticeably worn but still have some life left. I'm betting another 26k miles if I can get them in the rear in time. Dam I'm lazy.

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
Rob you've never rotated your stock tires?

My stock tires are Conti's ... and they suck. I hate driving with those. In the rain you can feel them slide about. I wish I could rock winter's all year long ... My Conti's are still in great shape so I have a feeling they will last a few more years (darn) ... haha! When they wear out I'll buy new tires, and maybe new rims.

·
Premium Member
3,272 Posts
Rob you've never rotated your stock tires?

My stock tires are Conti's ... and they suck. I hate driving with those. In the rain you can feel them slide about. I wish I could rock winter's all year long ... My Conti's are still in great shape so I have a feeling they will last a few more years (darn) ... haha! When they wear out I'll buy new tires, and maybe new rims.
Nope no rotations yet. I really have to do that. Or else I'm going to have to buy two new tires. I have bridgestones for stock but that is because I have the 1.6 with the stock 14" steal wheels.

·
Registered
431 Posts
The conti's that were on my versa had some terrible sidewall damage cuz my aunt aint know how to park... I swapped em' out for some dunlops off a honda fit and can't complain at all... Even if the sidewall is 5mm undersized

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
Lol ... Ya I rotate my tires each time they are swapped (winter for summers, and summers for winters). We mark the rotation for the following change. I don't want to spend money on new tires, but I'll be glad when the conti's are done.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Yea my tires were new to me... Lol

Traded my integra's cf hood for a set of honda fit wheels w/ tires and sensors, sold the wheels for 300 sensors for 55 and mounted the tires on my ride for 60...free tires ;)

The mich mentioned before came factory on my 07 tl-s... I believe, they were good in wet weather and ok in snow... But they were not real good wen it was hot outside, I'd get some hefty wheel spin... Course the versa has under half the power so should be ok with them

·
Registered
867 Posts
Fast wearing tyres are usually softer, and more quiet and comfortable to ride, plus are perfect for hills and high speed driving.

Cheaper, more 'economical' tyres are usually a harder compound and last longer because of this. They are however, more often than not a lot louder to drive on and won't grip corners as well as they're softer counterparts.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts