Nissan Versa Forums banner

21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
So, are we doing this anytime soon? It seems everyone who answered here just forgot about it. Are you guys still interested? If so lets set up another day more flexible to everyone.

·
Registered
16 Posts
yes. i just worked 10 days in a row so i havent been able to do anything but sleep, im free for the next 3 days. what is everyone up to tomorrow

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Sorry, didn't see your post till now. That sucks that you had to work so much, least you should be getting a fat check lol. As far as free time goes I pretty much got the weekends free and on Fridays I get out of work early so that also works for me specially since I'll already be in the vicinity of Schaumburg.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Uh come on, you can make the trip all the way down from Florida lol.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Nice, we are one more strong. We def need to set something up Fen.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Hey guys... I will be passing through chicago sometime on friday on my way to wisconsin for a wedding. I'm actually leaving here thursday night and driving through the night because of time constraints. So I kind of want to time it right so I hopefully can beat the morning rush. If I get the the chicago area around 7am will I be sitting in traffic?

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
That depends on which route you take but most of the time 7 am is rush hour time. At least that's how it is for me, if i get to the highway by 7 it takes me bout an hour to get to work as opposed to being there before 6:30 when there is no traffic which only takes me half an hour. So my whole point here is try getting here before 6:30 and you should be fine.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Where do they have these meetings at Brian? And when are they usually host?

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
That depends on which route you take but most of the time 7 am is rush hour time. At least that's how it is for me, if i get to the highway by 7 it takes me bout an hour to get to work as opposed to being there before 6:30 when there is no traffic which only takes me half an hour. So my whole point here is try getting here before 6:30 and you should be fine.
Thanks for the info.

My route is I-90 and I-94. Google maps says it will take 8hrs 47 minutes to get from here to Chicago, but its only 814km and looks to be all highway, so if I cruise at 120km/h which is 75mph (the normal speed people go on the highway here, cops don't bug you for that) I should be able to get there in about 7 hours after I factor in 2 gas stops. Crap... guess I gotta leave here at 11:30 instead of midnight :(

·
Registered
9 Posts
Where do they have these meetings at Brian? And when are they usually host?
the meets are usually north or north west, the official meets are usually in Addison or Schamburg, the unofficial bootleg meets can be anywhere, times range. check out JDMchicago.com, they have a few big ones which are usually multi-forum meets called FNL

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Honestly I'm a lil intimidated looking at the evos, 350z, rx-7 on there lol but it does look like a fun environment. Maybe we could all show up to one of the meets.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Another random question... I don't know what the speed limits on the highways are there, but if I cruise at about 75 will I have problems? I know here the limit is 100km/h (or 60mph) but everyone goes 120km/h (75mph) and cops really don't bother you for that, its just the normal speed. Thats just a $50 fine anyways. But if I go at that speed down there is that asking for a ticket?

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Nah, no need to worry. 75 is like the average speed here, even tho the limit is 55mph on highways. As long as you don't go past 90 or something you should be fine. But don't just go by what i'm saying, I've just never had a problem in regards to your question.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Hey guys... I will be passing through chicago sometime on friday on my way to wisconsin for a wedding. I'm actually leaving here thursday night and driving through the night because of time constraints. So I kind of want to time it right so I hopefully can beat the morning rush. If I get the the chicago area around 7am will I be sitting in traffic?
Oh yeah!
7AM is prime for the traffic mess. Lots of people try to drive further west and skirt the city proper, but the added miles usually end up with no saving of time at all.
Your best bet is prior to 6AM or even earlier if possible.

21 - 40 of 49 Posts