Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am quite nervous about difference of part for an hackback and sedan Versa.

If i look on rockauto.com that i really appreciate to buy from us, thoses parts seem to be hard to know if it for a hackback or sedan.

For exemple, direction parts, suspension parts, ...

If someone can help me to select good part I will prefer to buy Moog manufacturer.

DD

·
Super Moderator
1,105 Posts
Whats the problem? Rockauto is pretty good at dividing up everything and putting it in a category.

What I like is that you can click something and see the other vehicles that use the same part. I think that is what you are looking at and I wouldnt be surprised if both cars use the same part for many things.

I had a 2010 honda insight and it shared a lot of parts with the 09 fit and the early crz and even 06 Jazz.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
For example, tie rod end for Hatchback or Sedan probably that is not the same. How can i know on rockauto.com web site that it will fit for my Sedan.

Also, for Moog ball joint because i prefer this quality, i can not see if it is fit for a hatchback or sedan.

DD

·
Registered
939 Posts
I fail to see the problem, the two types are clearly marked..................just went and looked around. OP makes it worse by not mentioning the engine size, so no help there.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Rock Auto demands the engine type and until you answer that you are wasting your time.

You'll have to explain what 'direction parts' are too.

·
Premium Member
790 Posts
In the website, when you are selecting your car, select the 1.6L Versa. That is for the sedans. The 1.8L option is for hatchbacks only.
The 1.6L engine will result you in the correct parts for your sedan.

·
Super Moderator
1,105 Posts
Outside of that, I would not be surprised if the same part was used on both if not several different nissan models.

Ive dealt with rockauto for a few years. Just callem and they should be able to help you.

·
Registered
939 Posts
X2, in experimenting I found several parts that fit both.

Just apply the filters the catalog wants and READ. Let things soak in a bit. The numbers are enough to daunt you.

I've ordered literally hundreds of parts from the Rock and having heard of all the 'mistakes those idiots make'. I was in parts for years and I have not gotten one wrong part out of all the ones I've ordered from them yet.

·
Super Moderator
1,105 Posts
Well, long story short I had a rockauto problem.

Got a non federal car. Ordered injectors for the car that were universal and cheap. Sent back old ones. Got new ones installed and leaks gas. Called Rockauto, they said they will call the injector company. Was told by RA I got federal vehicle ones vs non federal so that is why leaking. They implied the cars for CA used diff injectors vs non CA emissions cars.They offered a refund and I could buy the non federal injectors like 140 bucks each vs 40.

So, I had the bright idea to call the injector rebuild company to get my old ones rebuilt and sent back to me or just returned. RA gave me their number and I called. Operator did not seem acustom to speaking to customers. Got to speak to a tech. He said all injectors were thrown in different buckets on makes only. So they had no federal or non federal. He said they already got mines and tried to look. He called me a day later and said he couldnt tell a diff and that federal and non federal would be the same and if there was a diff the ecu would pulse it to get the same afr.

So, kept the injectors got a new set of o rings from napa and they worked fine. >:D

·
Super Moderator
1,105 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
About this Discussion
11 Replies
4 Participants
Cobb
Nissan Versa Forums
We’re a forum community dedicated to Nissan Versa owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion on performance, troubleshooting, accessories, purchasing, maintenance and more!
Full Forum Listing