Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I did some searching nothing came up.

I know there are some electrical geniuses out there. Here's what I want to do:
I want to install a toggle switch somewhere on the dash to simply turn the subs on or off. I want the door speakers to stay on. Do I wire it on the remote wire for the amp? Or the power cord? My buddy a couple years ago did this, now I want to. Can't seem to get in touch with him.

I'm really an electrical virgin, so if you could put it layman's that would be awesome. haha.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
I'm not really that big in electronics either but doesn't the remote wire for the amp come with a lever that you can raise or lower the bass with? Wouldn't that work like an on/off switch?

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
No, I didn't mean that one. I mean a different remote wire that has a little black box at the end with a nob on it to lower or raise the bass level. It connects str8 to the amp and people typically have it by their seats.

Edit:
Something like this:
Kicker ZXRC (10ZXRC) Amplifier Remote Bass Control

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
I did this on the system that I had on my dakotai used the remote wire I had it tran to a power source then the toggle switch then to the amp when I turned it off the amp would turn off but the stock speakers would still run I tryed the power wire but burned up two switches so I ended up using the lower power remote wire.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Bass remote is for use to match up the gain, not as a "volume knob". You can attach a toggle switch to the amp turn on lead (usually a blue wire if you have an aftermarket setup.) I have mine wired to a red racing switch which I installed in the dash.

you can see it here:

I placed the switch next to the power mirror controls.
You can also see my bass knob screwed into the center console

If you wanna know more about bass knobs watch this video. Skip to 1:05, its where he starts talking about bass knobs. This guy knows his shit

http://www.youtube.com/user/EXOcontralto#p/c/D729639496679AD5/13/ZqNQ61EleXI

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for all the information guys! I decided to go to Premier Autosound in Chesapeake, VA, they installed a bass knob for me. Does pretty much what I wanted.

[/URL]

·
Registered
993 Posts
you can see it here:

I placed the switch next to the power mirror controls.
You can also see my bass knob screwed into the center console

If you wanna know more about bass knobs watch this video. Skip to 1:05, its where he starts talking about bass knobs. This guy knows his shit

I like the switch.

EXOcontralto's Channel - YouTube[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
48 Posts
If you want a remote for turning the subs off, all you have to do is install a 2 position switch on the remote wire. It's normally a small light blue wire that comes from the head unit and goes all the way back to the amp. It's what makes the amp cut off when the car isn't keyed on. Assuming this is what you're asking and no one has replied the same answer.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.