Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2014 Versa S. I connected a elm327v2.2 Obd2 reader to my vehicle and installed Torque Pro. It works pretty well except I do not get a signal for the engine oil temperature. Could it be that the reader is several years old(bought on Amazon) and that is why it does not work or is it because the vehicle does not have engine oil temperature programmed into the computer. Would I do better to get a more current scanner, like Bafx. Thanks for any respose.

·
Super Moderator
1,105 Posts
You can only read what the car monitors and you have the PID for. It maybe not something that is sensed or monitored.

I have a scan gauge 2 I have programmed with tons of extra things to display. Since my last car was a honda and honda keeps the PID secret they never showed any data. With the versa I got readings for all the other sensors I programmed from the scan gauge manual. :grin

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I don't actually have a scan gauge manual with my scanner(don't remember if I got one with it or lost). But, I did find the Torque Pro Forums and the Adapter Status>Settings etc., so I will research a little further and see what I come up with. Thanks again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts