Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
I agree with taking it in for an estimate. If it can be repaired and the insurance calls it a total loss it's likely you could collect the value of the car then buy it back from the insurance company at a fairly low cost. It's an avenue you could discuss with your insurance agent beforehand to see what he thinks. I know it's not totally in his hands but if you have a good relationship with your agent his suggestions/recommendations could probably have an influence on whether the adjuster offered to sell it back to you or not. Back in the late '70's someone hit my dad and totaled the car he was driving. The car was still legally drivable so the other persons insurance offered to pay dad $650 and they take the car or $550 and he keep it. He took the $550 and continued to use it as his daily driver to/from work (approximately 50 miles a day) for a few more years and several thousand miles. After dad quit using it and went to something else for his daily driver I used it for probably a couple years to drive to work/back (also approximately 50 miles a day) before he finally sold for $100.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts