Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to share my experience with my touch paint pen...

Went to a Nissan dealership and picked up a B17 metallic touch up paint. I have a few stone chips I wanted to touch up so they don't start oxidizing.

Cost me $17.00 bucks and it's pretty much a piece of junk! That's because it's a pen and not a brush. I've honestly shaking this pen for over 10 mins and nothing has really come out! Either I'm doing something wrong or its defective...
I plan on going to the dealership tomorrow and see what they can do..

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
I keep forgetting to check my pen to see if it's still okay. I'll check this weekend and let you know if mine hardened up too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Do you know what I forgot to mention? When I first purchased the pen it didn't even work. The one they had in inventory dried up and I had to bring that back.

·
Registered
377 Posts
I have the pen and the bottle on the way here from courtesy parts. Have some chipped bits on the hatch door I want to clean up. Anyone have any advice? There's a bit of oxidation...I've heard I should sand the areas first?

·
Registered
22 Posts
I don't know about you guys, but my B17 touch up paint, both pen and brush kind, are slightly darker than the original paint. I don't know if this is due to a natural fading of the original paint over time, or somthing else, but it ends up being noticeable.

·
Premium Member
790 Posts
I did touch up paint on my car yesterday, and yeah it's not a perfect match by any means. you can still see where the rock chips are, but they're just painted rock chips now. they guy said to give it a few layers of paint letting each layer dry..so I may do that, once it stops raining.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts