Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to share my experience with my touch paint pen...

Went to a Nissan dealership and picked up a B17 metallic touch up paint. I have a few stone chips I wanted to touch up so they don't start oxidizing.

Cost me $17.00 bucks and it's pretty much a piece of junk! That's because it's a pen and not a brush. I've honestly shaking this pen for over 10 mins and nothing has really come out! Either I'm doing something wrong or its defective...
I plan on going to the dealership tomorrow and see what they can do..

·
Registered
377 Posts
I have the pen and the bottle on the way here from courtesy parts. Have some chipped bits on the hatch door I want to clean up. Anyone have any advice? There's a bit of oxidation...I've heard I should sand the areas first?

·
Registered
22 Posts
I don't know about you guys, but my B17 touch up paint, both pen and brush kind, are slightly darker than the original paint. I don't know if this is due to a natural fading of the original paint over time, or somthing else, but it ends up being noticeable.

·
Premium Member
789 Posts
I did touch up paint on my car yesterday, and yeah it's not a perfect match by any means. you can still see where the rock chips are, but they're just painted rock chips now. they guy said to give it a few layers of paint letting each layer dry..so I may do that, once it stops raining.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.