Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! I own a 2014 Nissan Versa Sedan SV. Through this website I found the front receptacle in my bumper for a tow hook. When searching for the tow hook in my trunk, I found the pouch with two jack pieces but not the tow hook. Does anyone know if Nissan includes tow hooks with all sedan models or only a chosen few. Seems very odd to me that there would be a front receptacle if the car does not include a towhook. Thanks!

·
Registered
75 Posts
It should have came with one, someone may have used it and not put it back, or it could have fell out of tbe bag and bu inder the spare tire

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, thanks we looked under the spare tire but nothing. I phoned the dealership that I purchased the car from and they claim not all sedans include a tow hook. I asked them why there is a receptacle in the front bumper if a tow hook is not included and they didn't have an answer for that one. They then quoted me 60.00 for a new one. On the outside this appears to be a small thing but it becomes a big problem when one is stuck out in the snow at 20 below! Thankyou for your feedback!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yeah, finding out that our Versa didn't have one included was a bit of a shock. You'd be hard pressed to find a place to connect a tow rope to the front of the car. Sure, you could connect it to the swing arms underneath, but it would be awkward, and you'd take a big chance on damaging the bumper while getting your car unstuck.

Nissan, you should be ashamed of that omission.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have a 2014 VersaNote and I want to get a tow hook, simply because I want a mooring point, so I can tie down my kayak.

Does anyone know the correct part number?

I ordered one off o eBay and it didn't fit at all.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just bought a 2020 Versa Sedan with no tow hook. A sales manager at the dealership says:
"The new Versa (2020/2021) does not come with the tow eye hook. It's an accessory that can be ordered through parts."

Unfortunately there is no online listing for a 2020 Versa tow hook (2007-2019 are all 51112-1JA0A). I have a call into the parts department to see if they have a part number - my confidence level is not high. Any chance someone can confirm that 51112-1JA0A is the one?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Why not measure the hole diameter for the tow hook and buy an aftermarket tow hook on Ebay? They're cheaper and yet stout enough to use on a variety of Nissan models.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Why not measure the hole diameter for the tow hook and buy an aftermarket tow hook on Ebay? They're cheaper and yet stout enough to use on a variety of Nissan models.
Sometimes the thread pitch can be a problem. I have cross referenced the Nissan part number to a series of Infiniti models and found an eBay listing for $17 (free shipping). I am waiting to confirm the fit and then update with results.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Sometimes the thread pitch can be a problem. I have cross referenced the Nissan part number to a series of Infiniti models and found an eBay listing for $17 (free shipping). I am waiting to confirm the fit and then update with results.
I bought an unused tow hook for a 2008-2015 Infiniti Q37 and Q60 (2008-2015 INFINITI G37 Q60 TOW HOOK | eBay) for $17 free shipping and it works:

As I measure it this is a M24x3 (24 mm shank diameter, 3 mm thread pitch). Nissan parts lists 51112-1KA0A (supercedes 51112-1KA0B; 51112-AC70A) as the $76 accessory for:
Nissan Versa 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020
Nissan Versa Note 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
I prefer the $17 option.:)

·
Registered
2016 Nissan Versa S (manual transmission)
52 Posts
Just a quick "thank you" for all of the information in this thread. I didn't realize my Versa came WITHOUT a tow hook. I had never really looked... until now.

I found one on ebay for $20. I'll stick it in the trunk... hoping I'll never need it, but its good to know it will be there, just in case!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts