Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I am having issues with my TPMS system. I am getting 60 flashes. I am wanting to reset the system. I have read that there was a reset button under the dash but I don't see anything. Anybody with a pic?

Also, I read about grounding out a connector but I don't see the same connector from the article. I did see a connector under the dash wrapped up but it has two wires. Please see in the pic with the connector circled in red.

Thanks,
Tom
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Rim Gas Auto part

·
Registered
250 Posts
I've never heard of a TPMS reset button on any recent Nissan models. The system is essentially a sealed, standalone system that functions without a reset. I'd find a local tire shop with a TPMS reader that can read your tire sensors to see if there are any that need replacing.

·
Registered
2016 Nissan Versa S (manual transmission)
190 Posts
If it is flashing when you first start the car, one of the sensor batteries is probably dead.
How long do these sensors traditionally last??
And do you know an approximate repair cost when they do go bad??
I have neither a bead breaker, nor a TPMS reader/reset tool and will probably farm this job out when the time comes.
Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
250 Posts
How long do these sensors traditionally last??
And do you know an approximate repair cost when they do go bad??
I have neither a bead breaker, nor a TPMS reader/reset tool and will probably farm this job out when the time comes.
Thank you in advance.
The Nissan TPMS sensors are pretty durable. But while their tiny batteries can last decades, some can go out within 5 years. Here in Colorado, replacement cost is around $35, but your cost may vary.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Factory sensors are expensive, but you can use aftermarket for much less.

If the light is flashing, you use the tpms tool on each wheel, and the ones that don't communicate with the tool get replaced. It's usually just one that has a bad battery or was crushed by someone replacing a tire. Too much tire pressure can also make them unhappy. I've seen over 100psi in a car tire before, so make sure you haven't been adding air to the wrong tire for a month.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I bought Nissan factory rims(used ) and had new tires mounted on them. The Nissan I bought had the wrong rims and tires on it. Drove it for 2 weeks? As I was driving it the alert on my dash started flashing low tire pressure, then just stayed on solid. What can I do?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Rims that were on car were not what the car had originally, they were 17" drag rims.... I dont know where the original rims went. I wanted nissan versa rims on it with the size tires and rims listed inside door so I found some at a salvage yard off of a 2010 nissan versa.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Check your tire stems to see if they look like TMPS. If not, you'll need to buy aftermarket TPMS units and have them programmed to your Versa's system to read out properly. Try your local tire shop to see if they can install and program a set for a reasonable price.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts