Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone!

Before jumping on to why, I'll ask the question, then explain the troubleshooting I've done so far.

2009 Versa S, 1.8L Hatchback.

Does anyone know for certain what the TMPS sensor model number is?? Can anyone confirm part 40700-JK01B will work?

Apparently the official Nissan website doesn't sell them (or at least no results came back). I could find the part number from nissanpartsdeal.

Now, about the issues and troubleshooting. I'm looking to replace my TPMS sensor (all 4 of them). The TPMS light comes on when turning the car on, flashes for about 1 minute, then it stays on. After researching online, it seems the most likely issue are the sensor batteries.

Something else to consider, my inspection is due at the end of March and I could probably use new tires. My plan is to have my mechanic replace tires, and while the tires are off, replace the sensors and save some money in labor. The issue is, I would hate to bring the sensors to my mechanic just to hear that they are not the right ones after he takes the tires off and wastes his time and my money.

So if anyone has any suggestion, tip or just confirm the part number, I would appreciate it very much!

· Registered
556 Posts
Actually the one that comes with the versa was a different part number: 40700-1AA0B (or 40700-1AA0D, 40700-JA01B, 40700-JK00D)

I'm positive that other part number you have would work anyway, because it's the part number that replaced all of the above, but the one I mention is the part I use in my 2012 HB.

If t flashes and then stays lit it means there a malfunction, usually is a sensor giving up.
A sudden issue usually is the light turning on and stays lit immediately.

· Registered
748 Posts
First, make sure your tires pressure is close to 40 psi. Do you still have TPMS light after driving for a few minutes?

Second, I thought the tire shops (like Discount Tire and NTB) would normally replace the sensors when they replace the worn out tires. You can always call them and ask.

· Registered
827 Posts
Second, I thought the tire shops (like Discount Tire and NTB) would normally replace the sensors when they replace the worn out tires. You can always call them and ask.
The big tire chains will usually try to rebuild them by changing valves and batteries.
If that doesn't work, then they will replace the TPMS sensors.

· Super Moderator
442 Posts
The big tire chains will usually try to rebuild them by changing valves and batteries.
If that doesn't work, then they will replace the TPMS sensors.
I've never known the batteries to be replaceable on today's TPMS sensors. I assumed they were sealed.

I know some of the chain type places will want to sell you TPMS sensor "rebuild" kits for like $8/wheel. A new schraeder valve is all it is. Padding the bill.

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you for your replies. I didn’t realize most big stores do that at the same time. I just checked with Walmart and they confirmed they usually do maintenance if needed when they change tires and make sure to take care of the tpms light.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts