Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have plans of buying a set of aftermarket rims and tires to go with them. My main question(s) are:

Is it possible to transfer the sensors from the stock steelies to the aftermarket ones? Do I have to buy a brand new set of 4 TMPS sensors for them?

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
when I had my 240 rims put on I had them change the sensors over from the steelies. just ask the shop before about doing it.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Most places charge to transfer them, or you can just buy a second set and have them installed on the new wheels if you are going to run summer and winter wheels, but they are not cheap!

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
I'm sorry, are my eyes decieving me or did I just read that they don't have inspections where you live? o.0

That is correct :cheers2:

there are no car inspections in the state where I live :nono:

so...lots of cars look like they're falling apart, but hey if it runs. drive it!!! :thumb2:

as long as you have valid insurance, valid drivers license, and valid registration, you're good.
At night, all your lights have to be working...not really. depends on the officer. the only thing you cannot get away with is having your windows too dark at night darker than 20% or darker.

·
Registered
446 Posts
I've got some spare sensors. I'll let the set got for $40 + shipping.

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
there are no car inspections in the state where I live :nono:

so...lots of cars look like they're falling apart, but hey if it runs. drive it!!! :thumb2:

No regular inspections here either, just emission tests done every other year (when the car reaches a certain age).

·
Registered
124 Posts
No regular inspections here either, just emission tests done every other year (when the car reaches a certain age).
Isnt that all kinda dangerous? My car is exempt from emissions test. They test cars here that are older then 2000 and arnt massive like a sports utility vehicle or humv.

a car could have faulty brakes or unsafe tires and crash into another vehicle where you live. accidents must happen all the time.

C

·
0 Posts
I bought my wheels and tires at discount tire and they removed the old sensors and put them in my new wheels,,no problem,,

·
Registered
105 Posts
Make sure you or the tire place have a new kit of 4 TPMS sensor seals if you plan on transferring the TPMS. I paid $12 at NAPA for the kit when I had to replace the tires since I changed them myself.

Frank 2009 Versa S sedan MT-6 with 35389 miles

·
Premium Member
4,524 Posts
No inspection/emissions in Florida either. :D

And most shops here charge as well, I waited til I got new tires for my wheels and had the sensors transferred then. :thumbsup:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts