Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
trans or engine problem *videos added*

So im on my phone but today it was raining and all of a sudden the versa is Sluggish to say the least. I have to floor it to get up to speed (20 mph) I agent the slightest idea what is wrong with it. I guess I will hope that its some moister problem but I just rolled over 30,600 miles. I will go to the mechanic tomorrow if its like this then

It isn't safe to drive around town let alone on the interstate.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I really don't remember anything that happened, it was raining pretty good and a few sudden stops due to things being all torn up from the tornado still.
Looks and sounds like the Versa went into "Safe Mode" and what that does is make it so you can safely pull to the side of the road okay or even home if your not too far hence the 20mph limit.....maybe because something got wet in the system or a loose connection....either way just take it to the dealer....from what I can see/hear it's not a major engine or trans failure and you maybe able to wait a day or two if the weather clears up and it will be fine....I've seen that happen to them as well going back to normal after a bit BUT even if it does ....go to the dealer because the system will store the failure code and they will be able to see what happened and take care of it if needed.

You'll be fine. :thumb2:

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I didn't drive it today but when I got home from class I started it and it's still doing the same thing. our local dealership takes a few weeks to even get the car looked at and I'm terrified to drive it 50 miles to the one I took it to most of the time,

·
Registered
444 Posts
1-800-Nissan
Get that shit towed for free.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
If its working now I would take it to the dealer and have them scan it tell them what it did

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
no matter how I try to do the ecu reset I can't get the ses light to flash what so ever.

I'm starting to get tired of this garbage, it wont go into low gear then it takes 5 seconds to rev up with no load on the motor.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
if that happens, then I would let them know that I'm reporting them to the BBB better business bureau, because you're under warranty and you should not have to pay to get it fixed. that's what warranty is for.

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
Maybe you can post up the work order and or part numbers to what actually failed. Nissan sold alot of Versa's and I'm yet to see a problem that is specific to only one persons car. I'm betting this has happened or will happen to another person in the future. So the more info we can get in this thread the better.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.