Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the amount you are to add back after a drain and fill. I thought it was 4 quarts but got a little over a gallon (4 quarts). The dipstick is impossible to read and I don't know if I should add more than the 4 quarts I did.

2010 Versa 1.8 with 4-speed auto trans.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I have done two drain and fills so far on my 4 speed auto V, and both times it took exactly 4 quarts.

Before I did the drain and fill, I checked the fluid (warm and running on level ground after going through the gears) to verify the tranny had the correct amount of fluid to begin with.

I bought five quarts of the Nissan tranny fluid the first time not knowing exactly how much I would need.

On the new unopened quart bottles , I marked with a sharpie the level of the fluid, so I would know how much an exact quart is when refilling the empty bottles with old fluid to verify how much drained out.

By carefully capturing all of the drained fluid and transferring to the empty bottles, I knew exactly how much fluid to add back. A check of the dipstick after driving the car after the procedure verified the correct amount of fluid. I have found the fluid level very easy to see on the dipstick.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.